Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 03-27-2023, 11:48 PM   #61
stormbringer
Grade 1

Ted!
I would like to ask if it would be possible to get TOT add to the first page in that gap between
BRIS PP.................BLBLVDC

This gap[up] I don't know what to call that page <the first page> anyway ! I always would look at TOT rank. It would be nice AND I'm willing to pay for this to be put there. thank you for all the hard work you do I will NEVER FORGET that Friday night that BULL with Twin Spires happened nowhere ...nowhere that late at any other horse racing would you get a {REAL PERSON} but you were ready to help and and you fixed that pp bris deal and I was back handicapping races. you should BE PAIDED MORE FOR WHAT YOU DO I will pay you more when the time comes. this is a great product!!! thank you for your time. K.C.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:13 PM   #62
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberylec View Post
Another suggestion: end-user option to turn off the auto race advance feature

Thanks!
So, with Tote access turned ON, the user needs to switch to the next race before a tote stream will be activated for that race? Rather than currently always polling for which is the current race regardless of whether it is displayed?

An anomaly I am trying to fix is that when tote data moves to the next race and you are still looking at the previous race screens, the data in those previous race screens switch to the data of the next/now current race - annoying! (You have to refresh the current screen by switching screens or resorting or something). If I just fix it so that doesn't happen, does that answer your request? I.e. tote still flows automatically for the NEXT race behind the scenes and is ready to view only when you switch to that particular race.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-28-2023 at 04:28 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:15 PM   #63
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Ted!
I would like to ask if it would be possible to get TOT add to the first page in that gap between
BRIS PP.................BLBLVDC

This gap[up] I don't know what to call that page <the first page> anyway ! I always would look at TOT rank. It would be nice AND I'm willing to pay for this to be put there. thank you for all the hard work you do I will NEVER FORGET that Friday night that BULL with Twin Spires happened nowhere ...nowhere that late at any other horse racing would you get a {REAL PERSON} but you were ready to help and and you fixed that pp bris deal and I was back handicapping races. you should BE PAIDED MORE FOR WHAT YOU DO I will pay you more when the time comes. this is a great product!!! thank you for your time. K.C.
Total Energy Rank added to the Entries/Dashboard screen. Something like this?

Name:  TE Entries Screen.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  113.0 KB

R
DSS -
Old 03-30-2023, 03:34 AM   #64
stormbringer
Grade 1

I love soooo much when can i get ?!?
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:43 AM   #65
raceman5
Grade 1

letters

what are the letters a and b mean next to the horses #?
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:33 AM   #66
Lt1
Grade 1

They indicate uncoupled entries ie the 4 &6 are 1 uncoupled entry and the 1 &5 another.
Tim
Old 03-30-2023, 05:22 PM   #67
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I love soooo much when can i get ?!?

Next update - soon.

R
DSS -
Old 04-01-2023, 01:40 PM   #68
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

May I raise the issue of the total data download with the Excel export or perhaps another export button. Button 1 for the existing export and Button 2 for all data?
Thank you!
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 01:51 PM   #69
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEdwards View Post
Hi Ted,

May I raise the issue of the total data download with the Excel export or perhaps another export button. Button 1 for the existing export and Button 2 for all data?
Thank you!
Sure! Meanwhile, be sure you are familiar with what horse PP and Analysis data RDSS already exports to Excel. Not in the best of formats, and that needs work, but several folks make exactly the use of it I suspect you are looking for:

In the Config file (use the Config screen button), in the [General] section, add the lines (or modify if it exists):

//Export some Cache files in Excel Format (0 = No 1 = Yes)
Cache_format_excel=1

Now when you assemble races, go to the Cache Folder for each race and look for XLSX files. The file names should identify the contents. For all PP lines for all horses, check (e.g. for GP 4/1 Race 1):

Folder: C:\RDSS22\Data\Cache\2023\GP\20230401\01
File: GP_20230401_01_PL_MASTER.xlsx

Right now you can get Analysis data, all horses PP lines data, Entries screen data. Start with that in the existing format, and I'll get something prettier in due course.

Good luck!

Ted

P.S. when I released the current 'emergency update' I might have mentioned that documentation was incomplete, as well as several components I had nearly ready (this data export not among them, but at least the above documentation and file layout). Still shooting for all that in April!

R
DSS -
Old 04-01-2023, 03:09 PM   #70
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Thank you very much for the detailed reply Ted,

I think I'll wait for the update. This is the sort of amendment that I would be nervous of doing myself just incase I messed anything up with RDSS. I'm sure it will be fine, but I'd rather not.

Thanks again.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote