Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 06-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
mamojica
MC 4000

Hat Check Word Document

When I started studying the Match-up a few months ago, I put together a compilation of the materials found in the Hat Check forum. It turned out to be a huge Word document 20 MB in size and running 600 printed pages. I have printed out the complete document, and it fills up a three inch loose leaf binder.

Although I have no trouble reading things on the computer screen, my aging eyes, which aren’t that great to begin with, are easily strained if I try to study something in depth. I wanted a hard copy of the Hat Check materials, which is easier on my eyes during close study.

I’d like to make this Word document freely available to the good people here at Pace and Cap. Richie P has looked it over and has given me permission to do this. The Word document is 20 MB, and some e-mail services will block an attachment that large, so I have uploaded the document to a file sharing service. If you are interested, please send me a PM, and I’ll send you the web address and password, and you can download it from there.

A few things you should know. Since this was originally prepared for my personal use, I did not copy and paste PP’s that were screen captures from RDSS or other software. I prefer to work with traditional printed PPs. Instead, I purchased the old data files from TSN at 50 cents a piece, and used their custom PP generator software to print them out (there’s a $20 minimum, and the total cost came to something a little more than that). However, if you prefer, you can easily copy and paste the screen captures into the Word document. The compilation is not write protected and you can customize it as you wish. The races are clearly noted. However, if the PPs for only one horse was used as an example, rather than an entire field for a race, I kept the screen capture.

Except for a few small items directed at beginners, which I put up front, the threads are in chronological order, just as The Hat taught Rich, and as Rich posted the material. The easier stuff is up front, followed by progressively more advanced material.

If you’re interested, please send me a private message.

Regards,
Marc

** Very cool Marc and a huge thank you! Jim has to be loving his "first crop" of new matchers like yourself,CharlieD, Mikesal, BillLyster, Tanico, Voodoofan,Alydar D, BillV just to name a few off top of my head. Fwiw the sharing and giving of all of you mentioned is greatly appreciated by me.** RichieP

Last edited by RichieP; 06-12-2009 at 12:08 PM.
mamojica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

stuff Marc
Old 06-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Thank you, Marc.

:>)
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:28 AM   #4
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Got it Marc

Thank you
Old 06-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #5
Tanico
Grade 3

Great time saver and organizer

Thanks again

Doug
Tanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
tom
Grade 1

Thumbs up

Many thanks!
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
BladeRunner
Grade 3

Thanks! Marc
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
noddub62
Budman

Thumbs up

thanks again Marc.

Budman
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
azbacks
Grade 1

Thanks Marc....

Pete
Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 AM   #10
Bud Jones
AlwNW1X

Hi Marc

My eye are like yours, so I know what you mean. Thanks for going through such a big project. I'm sure this will be a major site for all of us.

Please e-mail me the info at budswall@aol.com

Huge thanks

Bud
Bud Jones is offline   Reply With Quote