Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 01-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
joefour
AlwNW3X

Scrolling Screens

Hello to All!

I have been wondering if anyone in the group has ever discussed the possibility of adding scrolling screens of the horses' PPs? I have thought about this for awhile and think if Ted could do it, it might give us the option of seeing the forest as a whole and not just one horse's running lines at a time, such as it is now. The Hat just ran his finger down the form and picked the contenders. When he did that, his eyes were actually scrolling. Michael Pizzola talks about "soft focus". When you have trained yourself to "soft focus", your eyes are scrolling. Anyone have any thoughts on the idea?

Joefour
joefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Pat C.
Grade 2

PP's

I am not currently using RDSS (took a break to get my mind cleared), but have been playing around with Quarter horses using another program. It uses Trackmaster Plus files. As a side benefit of that I can download the same races free on my Android tablet using Trackmaster Pocket Handicapper. Can't say much for that program, but it let's me open up the full PP's in my Kindle app or Adobe reader app and can scan them like you suggest. Works really great. Don't know if Ted could incorporate something like that into RDSS or not. Before my break I was accessing RDSS on my home computer remotely from the OTB using my tablet and a program called Splashtop. A little slow but it worked.

Best of luck.
Pat
Pat C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Pat,

Does the TrackMaster Pocket Handicapper work with TMPP format files (as distinct from the TMPLUS format files)? If so, RDSS exports a TMPP format file which might be used in the (free, you say?) Pocket handicapper program. Just curious!

And, I use a similar setup to access RDSS on my desktop or server, using my iPad and TeamViewer remote software. As you say, a little slow, but better than nothing while waiting for a proper Windows tablet (i.e. a few weeks now for he MS Surface Pro).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
Pat C.
Grade 2

Ted

I am not sure about the TMPP files with Pocket Handicapper . The other program I am using requires the Plus files and I can download the same card that I purchased (the same day) free, for the Pocket Handicapper. TM web site says any TM PLUS OR TMPP subscriber purchase can get the same Pocket Handicapper card free if downloaded the same day. The Pocket Handicapper program is also free.

Pat
Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat C. View Post
Ted

I am not sure about the TMPP files with Pocket Handicapper . The other program I am using requires the Plus files and I can download the same card that I purchased (the same day) free, for the Pocket Handicapper. TM web site says any TM PLUS OR TMPP subscriber purchase can get the same Pocket Handicapper card free if downloaded the same day. The Pocket Handicapper program is also free.

Pat
Pat, I emailed you 2 TMPP format files, one from TrackMaster and the same file created by RDSS. Do they both work in the Pocket Handicapper product?

Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
Pat C.
Grade 2

Ted,
I attempted to do as you requested, but It will take someone smarter than me to transfer the files into the correct directory and in the correct format to have the Pocket Handicappers recognize them. My tablet is not very user friendly when it comes to file manipulation.

Pat
Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Pat, sorry I forgot you'd have to manually place those files somewhere - navigating the file system in Apple or Android systems can sometimes be daunting.

No worries - I'll just ask TrackMaster if the RDSS exported TMPP file will work.

Thanks Pat.

Ted

R
DSS -