Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 09-23-2022, 11:53 AM   #1
stormbringer
Grade 1

help tote or xtote

hello,
Can some one tell me how to get the tote working please.
I can see the odds on the bl/bl screen but when i go to tote nothing.
i did a search and got more messed up i took the 2 checks off the ts lost my bris and ts so those 2 checks are on.

thanks for the help
and i have signed to the bris page. (if that helps)
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:46 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
hello,
Can some one tell me how to get the tote working please.
I can see the odds on the bl/bl screen but when i go to tote nothing.
i did a search and got more messed up i took the 2 checks off the ts lost my bris and ts so those 2 checks are on.

thanks for the help
and i have signed to the bris page. (if that helps)
That's how you do it. Get Tote box must be checked on Config screen (restart RDSS if you need to). If you can see Odds on any Analysis screen, you should see it on the main Tote Tab - because that's where each Analysis screen gets the Odds info from.

If you are looking at a PAST race (e.g. Yesterday) which you were getting tote data for, that might be a bit flakey and on my list to ensure it always re-displays if saved tote data exists. Or - if you are looking at a FUTURE race - well, then tote display will be empty - everywhere in RDSS.

If you can clarify anything about your circumstances, please do!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 05:57 PM   #3
stormbringer
Grade 1

Tote last thing

It must know you are looking at it ( the tote) it’s fine now
The only thing after each race at Churchill I have to restart to get it going again tote or xtote

Thank you
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 06:08 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
It must know you are looking at it ( the tote) it’s fine now
The only thing after each race at Churchill I have to restart to get it going again tote or xtote

Thank you

Right, noted - the tote stalls when you move from one race to the next. It's on the list to be fixed in the next update - currently in testing. Meanwhile, yes, you have to restart RDSS to get tote running again

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 09-24-2022, 09:35 AM   #5
OhNoItsDoug
AlwNW2X

I have noticed if I start a second instance of RDSS just for tote (1st RDSS is for normal use, 2nd is always on tote screen), I don't have to restart. I can open it on race 1, leave it alone and get tote data for the whole card. At least it works for me with 1 track.

-Doug
OhNoItsDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 03:09 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Good point Doug! This highlights part of the issue to be solved: if a race has not yet been assembled or re-loaded if previously assembled, when the tote moves on to the next race the race gets loaded/assembled and tote data fetched, correctly. This is what you see on your 2nd RDSS instance - IF you did not load all races, merely watched the current race move on to the next and the next ...

On your main RDSS however, presuming you Assembled/re-loaded all races (or several races), when the tote moves to the next race and finds the race already loaded in RDSS - it does not switch focus to that next active race and begin fetching tote info (for reasons best known to the programmer years ago ... ). Working on it ...!

Meanwhile - your suggestion does seem to work! Reminder: to load another instance of RDSS - or several - either a) right-click on the RDSS icon in the Windows Taskbar or Desktop and launch it again, or b) from the RDSS Exit/Restart dialog, choose Start Another. You can Start as many copies of RDSS as your computer memory can handle: at some point, new separate instances will just refuse to Start (or slow down to a c.r.a.w.l) - that's how you know how many your computer memory can handle!

Ted

R
DSS -