Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 09-06-2022, 08:40 PM   #71
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Ted. First I've never seen this many uncoupled entries in 1 day in all the yrs I have been using it. Secondly no where did I ever state to play every uncoupled entry. Uncoupled entries from better trainers are the ones that tend to hit the most and usually at least 1 of the 2 is a true contender or lsp. I posted the angle to make folks aware of something that was going under the radar that imo should be looked at. If anyone thinks this a magic bullet they are mistaken. You still have to cap the horses as usual and most times at least 1 if not both fall short. IMHO there is no need to do in depth studies or to overthink it. Like any angle it works when it works.
Tim
Old 09-07-2022, 06:05 PM   #72
delayjf
Grade 3

Quote:
Uncoupled entries from better trainers are the ones that tend to hit the most and usually at least 1 of the 2 is a true contender or lsp.
I agree with the above, but would also include a trainer who has won with UCE in the past. Another major consideration is the price. I look for those 10-1 or higher, but will take 5-1 on a Baffert UCE because he wins so often with them.

I suspect that with the big trainers, the UCE is more applicable during the short meets like Delmar and Saratoga.

Last edited by delayjf; 09-07-2022 at 06:11 PM.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 07:47 PM   #73
Lt1
Grade 1

Pletcher in N.Y is another one who does well with UCE. Also when I say good trainers I don't mean only the big names. I'm talking the top 10 at any track. Price is always important. I agree if you know what low % trainers pull this move off then go for it. I always Uriah St, Louis at Parx or any trk he ships to
Tim

Last edited by Lt1; 09-07-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:32 PM   #74
dadams6357
Grade 2

Couple and Uncoupled horses

This is a link to a site that has done research on coupled and uncoupled
horses.
http://www.trpublishing.com/wp-conte...ed-Entries.pdf

One can copy and paste it into browser...it should connect to site.
There you will find relevant research on the coupled and uncoupled.

It maybe that certain trainers are better at winning when entering uncoupled
horses it does not take that into consideration.
dadams6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:39 PM   #75
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Don.

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 03:00 PM   #76
Lt1
Grade 1

Thanks Don. One important thing to keep in mind here is their stats are based on all the uncoupled entries they found. When I use the angle I disregard ones that don't have[imo] a chance to win. The angle is best used when both parts are primary &or secondary contenders. Yes certain trainers do score more then others but keep in my as it was related to me[outside of a rabbit situation] the trainer in most cases feels either can win.
Tim
Old 09-23-2022, 04:00 PM   #77
dadams6357
Grade 2

Tim

Tim
Thanks for the feedback appreciate it.
dadams6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 04:28 PM   #78
Lt1
Grade 1

You are welcome. Actually you can loosen it up to at least 1 is a primary or secondary contender and the other has some corollary support even if a non-contender. I never really tracked the win % but I would say 12-to 15 % wouldn't be unreasonable to hit.
Tim
Old 09-24-2022, 01:48 PM   #79
DanBoals
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Thanks Don. One important thing to keep in mind here is their stats are based on all the uncoupled entries they found. When I use the angle I disregard ones that don't have[imo] a chance to win. The angle is best used when both parts are primary &or secondary contenders. Yes certain trainers do score more then others but keep in my as it was related to me[outside of a rabbit situation] the trainer in most cases feels either can win.
Tim
Tim,

There is NO angle out there that shows a flat bet profit. There are way too many databases that are constantly mined for those kind of things. The last time I heard of any angle that showed a profit with no thought was back in the late 80's and early 90's, in baseball, home dogs showed like a 4% profit if you bet them all, over the course of a season. One of my sergeants and his dad were bookies and they enlisted me in searching and I think we found that in a Huey Mahl article or something crazy like that.

Like anything in betting, you have to rely on your judgement as the final arbiter of what is a smart bet and what is just a hail mary.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 02:09 PM   #80
Lt1
Grade 1

Dan you are correct in that angles are not intended to make a living with. They can and do provide some nice scores in exotics, My favorite angle is the apprentice angle which does the best at hitting the most. At one time way back when I tracked over a 1000 races and at on point these horses were hitting the ex 50% of the rime. it leveled off at 20% which is still ok. One must handicap normally before worrying about or employing angles.
Tim