Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 02-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I would like for you (or anyone) to demonstrate to me with the current version how the problem with working tomorrow's races after midnight with today's odds still available does NOT solve the problem you reported and which I addressed point #1. Everyone who has reported such a problem, publicly or privately, has solved it by the advice I gave. Or if this is a NEW problem, I need to know, but the simplest approach is to presume a reported problem is the same as a previous one if it LOOKS the same (an engineering approach) and start from there.

Happy to see if it is something new though. I believe I could duplicate your issue with AQU4 by doing what I described in point #1. (Nuance: if you unchecked tote but did NOT restart RDSS - as the popup message warns - you would still get the problem you show).

Re point #2 - missing database - you will still have to address this, if you use the current version. Just load RDSS and when you get the Adaptive Server dialog error (can't find database), move that window aside to see the RDSS Splash screen underneath it and make a note of what the database file is which RDSS is looking for. This is what is missing.

To fix yourself - if you know how to use the Windows File Manager - reinstate that missing file from any backups you have. If no backups, then simply copy the empty RDSS2.2 RDSS database (c:\rdss22\Data\data.db) into that location which RDSS finds missing (e.g. c:\rdss2.1\Data\data.db). RDSS is not producing that 'can't find datasbase' error for no reason.

If you'd prefer I help you, no worries! Just email me, that's what I do.

I apologize that I did not address this issue earlier for you (I notice you cross-posted it in 3 threads) and also I was doing something else all day and only came up for air at dinner time.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 05:48 PM   #12
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
I downloaded all the TAM and GP races yesterday and then worked the races today. I did two things. First I worked last nights downloaded races and when RDSS went in to grab the scratches I used the button on the entries screen to update the info. It went well.

The other thing I did on some of the races was to reassemble the race before working the race this morning after scratches were out and the race came up with all the scratches as non participants and all the TS numbers updated.

I would point out that this happens automatically if you check the boxes on the configure screen as shown below. After you have checked these boxes, make sure that you save the configuration file!

Name:  ScreenHunter_1255 Feb. 13 14.39.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  40.7 KB
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:37 PM   #13
Lt1
Grade 1

Thanks for sharing Bill but unfortunately the late scr function doesn't work in my version 2.22.2020.22.[11-4-2020] I downloaded Parx pps and worked the card this morning at 7 am. My settings are exactly as you show in your screen shot. When late scrs were available I still had to scr horses manually. The only time the function works correctly is when you download the card after late scrs are available which of course is unacceptable. It appears the version you are testing has addressed this problem but for now the rest of us will just have to muddle along.
Tim
Old 02-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #14
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bill, tell us which version you tested on.

Rich M, can you report your recent experience, please?

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-15-2021, 01:52 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Thanks for sharing Bill but unfortunately the late scr function doesn't work in my version 2.22.2020.22.[11-4-2020] I downloaded Parx pps and worked the card this morning at 7 am. My settings are exactly as you show in your screen shot. When late scrs were available I still had to scr horses manually. The only time the function works correctly is when you download the card after late scrs are available which of course is unacceptable. It appears the version you are testing has addressed this problem but for now the rest of us will just have to muddle along.
Tim
Tim, in the scenario you describe -

1. If you restart RDSS, then open a race which you know has a scratch, does that work?

2. Even if you don't restart RDSS, if you click the Refresh TS Ratings & Scratches button on the Entries screen, does that work?

Both scenarios do appear to work fine for fetching scratches in Version 2.2.2020.22 and subsequent testing versions, on at least half a dozen of my and different other users' computers. Which is why I am confused by any reports that it doesn't

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-15-2021, 02:57 PM   #16
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Ted. If I restart the program then the horses I had scratched are now unscratched and no the TS refresh does nothing.
Tim
Old 02-15-2021, 02:59 PM   #17
rmath
Grade 1

Ted, I am in the process of getting a new computer, should have it by Friday.
At this time I am using one of my older computers since my good one died completely of days ago.
I have had a few problems with this computer with the scratches, but like LT1 says if you wait until the scrartches are posted on Twinspires and then run them everything runs smoothly.
When Iget my new computer I wil update you.
Richard
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #18
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmath View Post
Ted, I am in the process of getting a new computer, should have it by Friday.
At this time I am using one of my older computers since my good one died completely of days ago.
I have had a few problems with this computer with the scratches, but like LT1 says if you wait until the scrartches are posted on Twinspires and then run them everything runs smoothly.
When Iget my new computer I wil update you.
Richard
My misunderstanding then, Rich. From our recent email correspondence, I presumed you were reporting that everything was working properly.

If only we could connect our computers and I could see what you are reporting ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-15-2021, 03:04 PM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Hi Ted. If I restart the program then the horses I had scratched are now unscratched and no the TS refresh does nothing.
Tim
Feel free to contact me by email and lets arrange a time (tomorrow or later) where I can connect to your computer to see what you see.

Thanks in advance.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-15-2021, 03:12 PM   #20
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
V2.2.2020.22 This is the version I have been using that does what I described. Don't know what to tell you other than that.

At Ted's request I am also testing version XXXX 2020.27 which nets the same results. I reassembled all of PRX just now with scratches as known, and hit the refresh button that updated all.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Lyster; 02-15-2021 at 03:26 PM.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote