Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 02-15-2006, 02:09 PM   #1
RAMON201
Grade 1

Smile Help With Valm

Im new to this site as of Dec.05.I have been away from horse racing since the late 70s.I became disabled in mar.1999.Everyone I know would tell me to get a computer,but I kept resisting the idea. I broke down and bought one in july of 2003.I did nothing but install games for my grandson.In november of 2003 I decided to check out this internet thing.I typed in "horse racing" and hit search and was floored by the results.Right then and there I called my dad to see if he knew about this.He laughed and told me he has been betting on the internet for years.Since that time I myself have been playing catchup
trying to get into the 21st. century as far as the handicapping goes. On ebay in 2004 I found the Tom Brohamer book Modern Pace Handicapping. It took a lot of reading and rereading to get the message he was putting out.In the book there is a section on the Sartin Methodology but I had no idea how to join or who to contact.On ebay about dec. 2004 I found some tapes from the 80s and 90s. I listened to every one . They talked about the different programs and picking pacelines and such. It wasnt until I found this site and the Pace Advantage site, that I came to find out that a Handicapping Revolution had taken place and I missed it.Thanks goes out to all the people who post.There is a lot of great input and opinion out there.As for the Sartin Programs , there seems to have been many. Whats old is new as far as Im concerned , having zero experence with any computer program. I want to thank Binder for posting the FUs and the old manuals and older programs. I have installed EXDC and VALM both work well on my windows xp machine. Im using the FUs to gain a better insite into what the numbers mean.I have a question about the VALM to anyone who has used it or knows about it.On the race input screen after you enter the speed rating there is TV and TS . What is the program looking for? Also the last thing the program wants is T,which is tandum . 1 or 2. When should you use the 1 or 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I'll be 60 this july. Thanks!
RAMON201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
admin
Administrator

Help with Valm

Hi Ramon
Thanks for the kind words...
Looks like Shoeless and Pino have another hand enter fan
Its been a long time since I looked at Valm
I hope you can get the help your looking for

Please guys lets haelp out a new friend
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Hi Ramon,I havent used Valm for awhile.I know TV it's asking you for the track variant.TS Im not sure and Tandem is I believe 1 if its 1 other horse in tandem or 2 if it's more than that.I left you a private message.Shoeless
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
shoeless
Grade 1

Ramon,I really enjoy listening to those old Pirco tapes it sounded like it was one big party with those guys besides getting valuable handicapping information.Another thing I like is being able to get all of those different points of view in one three day session.I really wish I would have been part of that back then. Shoeless
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote