Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-14-2022, 10:47 PM   #1
stormbringer
Grade 1

excel help

Can anyone be so kind to help me find out to.where.. Start a new model when you reach 20 races there was a note that Ted told how to get rid of old races so newer data can be added I can not find it and donot know what to tell google to help me.

thanks in advance
the storm
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 10:58 PM   #2
MJS6916
Grade 1

Let's say you want to get rid of all of the data in a set of rows like 11 through 30

Use your mouse to get your cursor over the number 11 (for row 11).

Hold down the left button of your mouse and "drag" your cursor down to row 30.

Press the "Delete" button on your key-board. Your data in those rows should be gone.

If it looks like you (or I) made a mistake, press the "Ctrl" & "Z" buttons simutaneously to reverse what you just did.

Then wait for someone smarter to give you better advice.

Hope that helps, Mike

http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 12:26 PM   #3
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Excel Help

Firstly, there are lots of video tutorials on youtube. I often use a channel called ExcelIsFun. He's got lots of useful stuff.

Further to the above, you may want to keep the exisiting data to refer back to in the future.
You can do this by opening up your model, click file, then Save As, and save this with the date of the 1st (or last) race in the box that contains the file name of the spreadsheet.

Go back in and open your original model, which should still be there. With reference to the method noted above, highlight the data that you want to get rid of, by clicking onto the number of the row, holding down the left button and moving the cursor down to where you want to stop. All of the rows should now be highlighted in grey. If you do not wish to delete lines because it might impact something else on your spreadsheet, you can right click and then click on Clear Contents, this will get rid of everything but without deleting any rows.

Excel does so many things that it's hard to know where to start when you don't know it's full capability. As I mentioned above though, some video tutorials might help get you off and running.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote