Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 08-08-2022, 11:05 AM   #11
DanBoals
Grade 1

Tim,

Seriously, thank you. That was a master class in how a seasoned professional handicaps a race and makes intelligent bets. Awesome!

You are absolutely correct about models and records. I improved dramatically this year when I started keeping records or how races were run and how my results were at handicapping said races. I now know which races to bet more on and which races to run from. You are correct, it takes time, but it really has helped my bottom line.

Thank you for generously sharing your expertise with the rest of us. I always learn something or something important is always reinforced when I read your posts. You and people like you are the reason this board helps so many.

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:34 AM   #12
Lt1
Grade 1

Thanks or the kind words Dan but to be honest I'm no smarter and in most cases not a better capper then most folks on this site. I took me almost 8 yrs[ as a weekend warrior] to gain any kind of consistency. It wasn't until I retired and watched Docs 1 on 1 videos [available in the library] that the light bulb went off. I also got help from teachers like Glenn Connolly and Bert Mayne and of course Doc and Jim B[ who both administered a few well place kicks to the butt when needed]. I began keeping records, worked harder on contender and paceline selections[which are so much easier now with RDSS]. Anyway it took more time but fortunately I managed to get to where I am at today. It is my firm belief that anyone using the Methodology CAN reach a winning level if they put their minds to it and do some work. I'm glad to see that you have improved your game and hopefully you will continue to do so. I'm glad that in some small way that the info I was able to share with the group has been a help to you. This site can and should be a great learning tool for all our members. Wishing you continued success.
Tim