Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Pace makes the Race book

From you old timers I wondered how many of you used the applications from this book and what kind of results did you get.. I used TPR numbers for awhile thanks to Socantra and later my good friend Houndog who updated them for me in Syn4.I have to say having them done automatically for you by RDSS would be a better option.

I was doing ok with them and then something changed I have no idea why of picking pacelines and they went south.Another problem was I was paying too much attention to the total rather then how the horse got that number in the first pace.I believe these numbers are very good for people like myself who have trouble interperting the readouts.

I have expressed this to Ted but I believe as long as your paceline selection is adequate that taking the first 2 horses early and late with TPR numbers will produce better results then New Pace.Of course New Pace is automatic so that makes the process much easier.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Jeff, I put a lot of time and effort into explaining this to you already. Please see if you can find some of my older posts about this.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

David,

Thanks I will attempt to find them and honestly cant remember you explaining it before.

Was also hoping to hear from some of the newbees on board.

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
alydar_ David
Grade 1

That's alright, Jeff.

I just went into the living and had to return...forgot what why I went there. LOL
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote