Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 11-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
tizlinda
AlwNW2X

Is this a glitch?

in reviewing the 3rd race at SA on Oct 28 I noticed something strange. The winner (2) was in a tandem last out with 1 other horse (1). The 1 had beaten the 2 by 5.7 Lengths. But in CBL the 2 is only 1.6 LB. all DTV being equal and from my experience the difference in LB should be the same as the actual race's was.

Then when I use the 2 horse as a contender and the 1 horse as a noncontender the 2 horse's CBL changes and he becomes the winner with the lead throughout.

Is there something that is causing this discrepancy that I am missing? Or is this a glitch of some kind.

I have photos but couldn't upload (no permission to access)
tizlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #2
tizlinda
AlwNW2X

Follow up: I did a side by side comparison (with both versions of RDSS) on a race after it dawning on me that I have seen many races where all of the horses are withing a few lenths in CBL. Sure enough, all settings and pacelines being equal the CBL's are different. The BLBL lines are the same though. So what is causing this parity in CBL on the new version?
Old 11-01-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
Jeebs
Grade 1

There is Default or Val4 Emulation to choose from. If your old RDSS is set for Val4 and the new Beta copy is set as Default (which it would out of the box), the adjusted CBL will be different because of how the BL values are calculated (fixed 8.333 ft on Default mode, variable by distance on Val4 emulation mode). Some prefer the default mode (which was born from the Speculator series once Doc took ill and Guy Wadsworth took the ball and ran) while others (like Bill V) keep Val4 because it mimics how Doc left the program before he took ill and it works for them.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Tizlinda, I will look at this as soon as I can (en route to Breeders' Cup at the moment) and explain how the CBL works. It is unchanged since forever. Another user recently asked me a question about CBL and beaten lengths, and I have not yet fully answered that query. So, I'll get back to everyone hopefully next week, likely in the public forum since I don't think this is related to V2.1, just the way the CBL works.

Can you email me a screenshot of the race you're using as a test bed, along with your Configuration settings.

Thanks,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
tizlinda
AlwNW2X

Both my versions were set at default when my analysis was made. Also, would your description account for the changes being made in CBL by just changing a horse from contender to non contender on 2.1 version only in default mode?

I changed both to Val 4 and there is still a difference between the two. If this is truely normal then I'm not getting the explanation above. It sounds like there should be consistency when I'm using the same setting on both versions. surely this can be recreated with any race. Can anyone else confirm my experience here.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #6
tizlinda
AlwNW2X

yes, I will Ted. Thanks.