Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-14-2016, 08:00 AM   #11
Mitch44
Grade 1

Bill that 406 only represents slightly a fraction more that 20% which tells me there were many good paying horses in there. I myself would rather have a primary factor much higher. At those percentages it should be regulated to a secondary factor for possible ex. and a longshot factor. For winners it destroys the other readouts for the line or score.

In Brohamer's book their objective was to use factors with a high percent in the top 2 for winners. Anytime a low producing factor is added to a group it tears the group down significantly.DD ,Ex. etc. all spring from winners.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:48 AM   #12
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Bill, the screen shots show the set up and paceline selection strategies used in this study. I was not allowed to self select any line during the study. As much as a black box as we could make it.
Attached Images

Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:29 PM   #13
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Disregard this post - I misinterpreted the data

In the following post, I misinterpreted the data; please disregard the ROI information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
Mitch:
While in concept I totally agree with you about reviewing paceline selection, let me put this infront of you:

With automatice line selection based on "best of last three ..." In races with more than 7 horses there were 406 races where the winner was in the top three CSR AND in the top three Rx. So the bet would be $2 x 3 horses, total $2436. The return for this bet was $3,298.70, a profit of $862.70 and an ROI of +35.4%.

When both are top two, the profit on 248 races $658.40, ROI +66.4%

To put this in perspective this number of wins is approximately 10% of the study, so there is about one play per card.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #14
gentz
AlwNW2X

What is BLT/C Syndicate as an automatic paceline selection?
gentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:54 PM   #15
Mitch44
Grade 1

Bill we're in agreement on reviewing pace lines to insure we're in agreement with the selected line.

As far as the study I understand the parameters to which you had to work under. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that because all horses and races were treated equally. Absolutely fair and I'm in total agreement with that.

Bill you did an outstanding job and a more difficult task then most are aware of. Again congrats for your hard and consistent approach,especially not adding your own ideas to it. Real discipline and challenging.

My post really has to do with my experience with CSR as I have found it to be a non-factor with low percentages. For me it clutters up the program and distorts the line score etc. I wish the option to exclude it existed. Many reasons for its failure, too many to address here and a non-factor for me. IMO I'm sure the contrarian member is out there, all I can say is good luck with it.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:29 PM   #16
Bill V.
The egg man

best of last 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentz View Post
What is BLT/C Syndicate as an automatic paceline selection?
Doc's guidelines were to use the best adjusted speed rating of the last 3 or 4
pacelines at a comperable distance surface and competition level.

Ted has decided that his perceptor should replace Doc's work
I am not sure if Ted considers "at a comperable distance and competition level."
Or is Ted just taking the best perceptor values
So the new default setting is best perceptor last 3 lines .

What is perceptor , Here is a good explanation
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...73&postcount=2
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #17
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Bill we're in agreement on reviewing pace lines to insure we're in agreement with the selected line.

As far as the study I understand the parameters to which you had to work under. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that because all horses and races were treated equally. Absolutely fair and I'm in total agreement with that.

Bill you did an outstanding job and a more difficult task then most are aware of. Again congrats for your hard and consistent approach,especially not adding your own ideas to it. Real discipline and challenging.

My post really has to do with my experience with CSR as I have found it to be a non-factor with low percentages. For me it clutters up the program and distorts the line score etc. I wish the option to exclude it existed. Many reasons for its failure, too many to address here and a non-factor for me. IMO I'm sure the contrarian member is out there, all I can say is good luck with it.

Mitch44
Understood and thanks,
Old 04-14-2016, 08:16 PM   #18
gentz
AlwNW2X

Thanks Bill...... I couldn't see the forest for the trees. I'm familiar with the best of last three comparable but I never saw it written in that format. Its easy to confuse an old guy like me. lol
gentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #19
Mark
Grade 1

Wrong Direction in my opinion

I used MaxVel, HTR and the Robots from Ken Massa for about 10 years prior to finding the Pace and Cap Website and the Hat Check blog. He has been adjusting for Run-Up distances for probably 15 years. The Modeler in MaxVel has gone through 3 of 4 iterations. His Robot allows you to query not only single factors but combinations of factors and is ultra sophisticated. If I wanted to Data Mine I would have stayed with him. He uses HDW for data which I think is superior to Trackmaster as well.

But Richie demonstrated how to stack lines and use RDSS to do things that I wanted to do. I wanted most of all to use the Match Up. Now the little we have heard about the new version is that Ted is moving into a direction that his been fully exploited by some very sharp and dedicated people. I was hoping that the new version would have a greater focus on "The Match Up" we will have to see
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:19 PM   #20
lone speed
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I was hoping that the new version would have a greater focus on "The Match Up" we will have to see
Touché!!!!!

When I first registered years ago, one of my first correspondence with Ted was about the capacity to adjust for the match- up from the pace lines after adjustments from Trackmaster and inter-track adjustments....

I can still hope...
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote