Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
Alice0607
AlwNW2X

Adding more information about the previous post. I selected each paceline selection method, and indicated wps and three horse exacta box of each paceline selection. The only elimination I enter for each paceline method was dslr.
The ranking for each was placed on spread sheet for wps and exacta box, with % won by each method. When I finished complying the information I will post my results.
Alice0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Alice,

So, are you comparing the same set of races against all the existing Paceline Selection Strategies and tracking the WPS and Exacta mutuel payoffs for each - i.e. for comparing the different PSS against each other, perhaps by distance structure (or surface)?

And, only eliminating horses from contention by Days - no other criteria (e.g. finish position or 'moves' made in the last race or so)?

If I got that right, it would indeed be interesting, even if the sample is rather small. I hope your spreadsheet identifies each race (Date, Track, Race #) so other interested parties can study your work on their own.

Thanks again,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #13
Alice0607
AlwNW2X

The only other elimination I have been using is the APV. If the apv is less than 50 % the horse is placed in the secondary category. I had redo all my previous calculation to used this as part of my calculation. I will post the result in a couple of weeks
Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #14
Alice0607
AlwNW2X

Test results uing rdss2.0 with seven paceline selection strategies.
138 test races with results for win percentage and thre horse exacta box. Using the specaltor system with the seven paceline selection strtegies. Tracked used Aqu, Bel, Sar, Cd, Kne, Mth, Gp, Wo, Dmr, Hol, Sa, and Gg. I have 138 tst races of which 64 are of dirt sprint, 38 of dirt routes, 3 of turf sprint, and 33 of turf route races.

The perentage of dirt is 73.9 % and turf is 26.1 %. The percentage of dirt sprint to the total is 46.2 %, dirt route is 27.5 %, Turf sprint is 2.2 %, And turf route is 23.9 %

My method of eliminating horses are: (1) dslr - greater than 45 days - the exceptions ar if the horse had 5f workout over 92 SR and within 14 days, (2) AVP value less than 50 percent of the average field rate, and the (3) eliminating horses with no form or out of form.

I will post the results in next few days.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #15
Bill V.
The egg man

some questions

sounds like you have done lots of work.
I say good for you .

some questions
1. Does your test include maiden races ?
2. Do you have a min. field size ?
3. What do you consider in or no form ?
This can be tricky and your results might be different than the next person
based on this eliminator

Here is an example
would you rate this horse ?
Its going back to a 6.5 sprint today
Name:  what is in form.PNG
Views: 818
Size:  83.6 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #16
Alice0607
AlwNW2X

To answer your question #1 - there are no maiden races in the calculations. Question #2- no minimum field size. I will handicap the races with four year olds and up. The number five horse, I would declare it as no form horse because, it only race in route races and only one race of 7 furlong nad it came in four 6 lengths behind the winner. It has no early speed in any listed races. In my spreadsheet- it will list:date, trk, race #, race type, field size, secondary contenders elimination (apv, dslr, & no form), win, place, show, win, place, and show rankings in total energy, total preceptor, and total bl/bl rank, percentage of win with the top 2 horses, percentage of exacta wins with the top 3 horses. A breakdown of dirt sprint, dirt route, turf sprint, and turf route. This my third time going through all the races I have handicap since Aug 2012. It has taken me long time to complete the study, fiting in this study between work and attending to family matters. Also I don't play any races for two and three old horses only.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
joseph
AlwNW1X

VDC--PACELINE SELECTION--IS IT IN ANY AUTOMATIC WAY CONNECTED TO THE HORSES CLASS AND TOUGHER RACE'S PACELINE IN WHICH HE HAS BEEN ENTERED ??????

DOES IT EQUATE WITH PERCENT MEDIAN ENERGY ????????

BY THAT I MEAN THE HORSE WITH THE MOST GAS LEFT IN HIS TANK AGAINST TOUGHER AND NOW SITS AND RUNS DOWN AN EASIER FIELD.

Thank you,
Joseph
joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #18
joseph
AlwNW1X

VDC PACELINE SELECTION--IS IT IN ANY AUTOMATIC WAY CONNECTED TO THE HORSES BEST CLASS AND TOUGHEST RACE HE IS COMMING OUT OF ??????

DOES IT EQUATE WITH MEDIAN ENERGY INDICATING THIS HORSE HAS THE MOST GAS IN HIS TANK FOR THE LAST FURLONG TO RUN DOWN CHEAPER EVEN THOUGH HIS VDC RACE WAS NOT AN IN THE MONEY FINISH ?????

Joseph
joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Joseph,

As for an explanation of (roughly) what VDC is measuring, you can find previous discussions over the years using the Google Site Search (website menubar, left side) and enter a search term like 'VDC explanation'.

You can also read what Doc Sartin wrote about its evolution from the Entropy days in a 2 part article beginning in Follow Up 76 Page 64 'Futureworld ...' and continuing in Follow Up 77 'Success and Profit for the 21st Century: a Whitepaper'.

VDC is Velocity relative to Deceleration (or vice versa) - simply: how much or little was the horse slowing down (decelerating) over each segment of the race relative to the velocity in that segment and the relative Pace of the Race overall. VDC only measures the paceline(s) you designate for the horse, and does not include 'class' measurements of race conditions or competition levels: it includes only velocity/energy derived info from a given single race.

Thus, you must still (always) take care to represent the horse from an appropriate line or lines (e.g. energy distribution showing on the E/L graph is not atypical); the horse is in a current form cycle or you are using consistent judgements about horses returning to a new form cycle - in other words: all analysis you would make anyway to determine if the horse is a contender to win or finish in the money today (see many discussions recently re Paceline selection).

If you have chosen a consistently applicable paceline, VDC will indeed show horses who have decelerated least in the 3rd fraction while also having run against a fair 2nd call and 1st call pace of race. You will see many corollaries with other readouts which include F3, for example TS+F3 (segments screen), especially where the VDC rank is 'out of order' with the BLBL rank. A simple Deceleration measurement like DEC (F3/2nd Call velocity) usually ranks inverse to the 2nd call rank - that is, the slower the horse was gong to the 2nd call, the less it decelerates in the 3rd fraction - which isn't exactly a newsflash, or even useful much of the time.

The real interesting info is when a horse (relative to its competitors today) decelerates less, late, relative to having had a bit of speed earlier (1st and especially 2nd calls). That mix of deceleration relative to velocity and tempered by overall Pace of Race is the 'secret sauce' of VDC. But you MUST perform other analysis about current form cycle and suitability to race conditions today to know whether your representative line for the horse (e.g. one of the last 3 lines) is fair today.

I am not providing the specific formula for VDC (and I know you are not asking for it ), but the above general concepts plus Doc's more theoretical description and examples in the above noted Follow Ups are all you really need to know. I don't know why light behaves like both a wave and a particle, but I do know it helps my cell phone work.

If you study some of the recent reports by Rmath, you will find that Top 2 and ties VDC ranks together with Composite Speed Ratings (CSR) from consistently chosen and representative pacelines, provide some steady sets of contenders from which to seek value.

Hope that helps!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #20
Alice0607
AlwNW2X

paceline selections

The purpose of this study is to find which paceline selection will give me my highest win percentage for win, and exacta. Using the two highest rank for win wager, and the the three highest for exacta wager. It is not large sample, only 138 races and counting. It is from NY circuit, Wo, Mth, Gp, Cd, Kne, Fg, Dmr, Hol, Sa, and Gg.

The spreadsheet column's are as follows: Date, Trk, Race #, Race type
(dirt sprint, dirt route, turf sprint, and turf route), field size, Secondary contenders( Apv, Dslr, and no form), win, place, and show rank.

Ranking for Total Energy (win, place, and show), Total Preceptor (win,
place, and show), Total Bl/Bl ( win, place, and show).

On the win column - the red color in bold indicates win with the top 2 picks. The win and place column that is highlighted in yellow indicates winner for the exacta ( top three ranking).

Secondary contenders that are missed for win, place, and show are highlighted in bold black with shading in the background. There is also percentage that are missed for win, place, and show to the percentage of total number of races. That percentage is one percent for wins, six percent for place, and nineteen percent for show.

More description to follow.

Here is the Spreadsheet --> Rdss_paceline_analysis.xlsx

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-02-2013 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added Excel spreadsheet