Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 07-19-2021, 11:17 AM   #411
buzzm24
Grade 3

Missing PP

Ted

Running into an issue with Colonial Downs file. Each horse in every race is listing as a FTS. The Card Summary only shows two races with FTS (see race 1 below).

Attachment 49790

But as you can from the entry sample below, the horse has a number of starts in bot 2021 & 2020. But nothing shows up in the data area.

Attachment 49791

I have tried to re-assemble. I have also tried to re-convert the file. But nothing changes

Thanks

Last edited by buzzm24; 07-21-2021 at 01:00 PM.
buzzm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:13 PM   #412
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Tony, I replied to your PM by email. CNL converts and assembles normally for me today, per screenshots I sent you.

For anyone else - try UNCHECK Don't Duplicate box on Data Centre, re-download and re-convert, clear Cache of previous assembled races for that card, then reassemble. If for bizarre reasons that also does not work, try setting up a new empty database (Data Mgmt tools via RDSS Desktop button) then Create a NEW database. Then restart RDSS and download/convert into this new database.

If I could duplicate the problem, I'd stand a better chance of fixing it. Please keep me posted (by email or PM).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:50 AM   #413
buzzm24
Grade 3

Thanks Ted. It worked out perfectly.
buzzm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 12:07 PM   #414
thebear67
AlwNW1X

Entry page out of order

I tried to reload, clear and reassemble to no avail .I tried to start a new data base ,but now it asks me for a password, and I do not remember it ,and can not find it on the rdss database.Please help.The card is Delmar 7/31/21

Last edited by thebear67; 07-31-2021 at 12:16 PM.
thebear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 12:19 PM   #415
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear67 View Post
I tried to reload, clear and reassemble to no avail .I tried to start a new data base ,but now it asks me for a password, and I do not remember it ,and can not find it on the rdss database.Please help.
Sorry Bear. Not sure how the Entry screen gets out of order; I think it once did but I thought that issue was resolved. If you or anyone can demonstrate that in the current version, it would help me to fix it again.

Re database issue - the database file RDSS is looking for cannot be found. Open your Config file in a text editor (c:\rdss22\Configure\Configure.ini). Find the section beginning with [Database] then the line beginning DatabaseFile= Then make the file name after that a file which exists (e.g. the default value: c:\Rdss22\Data\data.db). Save the Config file.

I'd recommend restarting your computer in case any remnant, crashed portions of RDSS are still running. Then restart RDSS.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-01-2021, 01:46 AM   #416
thebear67
AlwNW1X

Entry page out of order

Thanks Ted .A new data base did the trick.
thebear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:09 PM   #417
SinnerG
AlwNW1X

Mutual Prices Info

I'm new to this latest Sartin procedure and RDSS, and I do have one quick question: If I'm working on a race after it's run, can I remove the "Mutual Prices" info from the Rx screen so as to not let it influence my decisions? (I don't want to lose the Brisnet rankings or "live" odds.)
SinnerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 11:26 PM   #418
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Welcome SinnerG! I hear you - an issue I think I've tried to deal with for decades when practicing handicapping past races and needing scratches from Result Charts without peeking at the results!! Occasionally I also run into that on the same Rx screen you mention. I should make that Results/Prices display a toggle (hidden when you ask for that).

Meanwhile, I confess I have occasionally taped a moveable piece of paper in the proper place on my monitor so that when the Rx screen displays, the far-right side is obscured! Pending high-tech solutions to come ... a cheap workaround

Name:  top.secret.rx.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  59.0 KB

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-16-2022 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:41 PM   #419
SinnerG
AlwNW1X

Ahhhh . . . tape! I was just leaning an envelope against the screen, but twice my fan has blown it over at just the wrong time. A toggle would be a great high tech solution, but I have to admit your paper and tape solution is more high tech than my procedure. Thanks, Ted.
SinnerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 11:01 AM   #420
The Pook
Grade 1

Why does BLBL score change?

I notice from time to time that the BLBL score changes as you get closer to post time. Also the scores can be different before the race than if you relook the next day.

Sample below shows the 7th race at Pimlico BLBL score sheet from a half hour before 1st race post and then 1 hour later. Some races change and some don't.

I know tote odds affect RX scores. I have tote info turned off in my config however. The new scores put the #4 third rather than second.

Subtle changes I admit, but wondering what causes the shift.

Pook
Attached Images

The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote