Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 11-04-2020, 11:01 PM   #21
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Glad you got it working Brian!

Just to clarify for anyone confused about clicking the Update Registration Info button to get the correct Renewal Date - what I meant by 'click the button TWO TIMES' was: left-click it ONCE as usual -> which produces a message that the Renewal Date is updated to some near date (not the correct one) ... THEN do the same thing again a SECOND time which produces another message which (hopefully) gives the correct Renewal Date.

What I didn't mean was: double-click the button. Just single-click it like you've always done. Then do it a second time. (Although, I can see how that might be misinterpreted!)

Hope that helps, though any problems, just write me or report them here.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-04-2020 at 11:03 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #22
tazzerbobo
AlwNW3X

Great job Ted. Did the download (after reading YOUR instructions) and all went well. No more delays. In fact I went to refresh my coffee and when I came back all races were assembled. (Not like the old version).

One question did you remove the RX+ tab? I am making the assumption that you did.

Again great job.
tazzerbobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:14 AM   #23
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzerbobo View Post
Great job Ted. Did the download (after reading YOUR instructions) and all went well. No more delays. In fact I went to refresh my coffee and when I came back all races were assembled. (Not like the old version).

One question did you remove the RX+ tab? I am making the assumption that you did.

Again great job.
Glad to hear it went well Don!

You remind me of a good item to add to the Release Notes: I consolidated the Rx and the Rx+ screens. In effect, what now shows on the Rx screen is the same as what formerly showed on the Rx+ screen. The ONLY difference was the BPP Prime Power rating, which now shows on the remaining Rx screen.

Good luck!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #24
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Just a reminder about the new Config settings to switch ON/OFF the Tote and (separately) the TwinSpires Ratings (ProfitLine, Prime Power), Scratches and Mutuels:

-By default, these are set to OFF (don't get stuff from TwinSpires). If you want ProfitLine/PrimePower ratings, Scratches and Mutuels, check that box. If you want live Tote data for current races (or closing data for today's closed races) check that other box. Or mix and match.

-Some people don't really want live tote info and leaving this OFF will speed up RDSS a bit and avoid a bit of screen scrambling (until I get that issue fixed).

-If TwinSpires changes their code again, we can now switch whatever aspect doesn't work to OFF until I can fix it and issue an update - without the annoying slow-downs previously experienced. (And the notice about any updates will now show prominently on the RDSS Desktop for you to download within RDSS ).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #25
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I forgot a 'Known Bug' in the current RDSS2.2.2020.22, which I added to the Release Notes documentation:
5. When using the Tote system, the MTP (Minutes to Post) count appears to be calibrated to Eastern Time (ET). Thus RDSS users in the ET zone will see correct MTP, while users in Central Time will see MTP+60, Mountain Time MTP+120 and pacific Time MTP+180. An unfortunate glitch/artifact of the new way TwinSpires reports its post-time data. This shows up on the Card Summary screen as well as other screens where MTP is displayed. I will get this corrected ASAP (by having RDSS read your computer clock Time Zone settings and adjusting MTP - and Race Post Times - accordingly)..

(And I don't know what it looks like in the UK, South Africa, Europe and Australia - sorry guys and gals ).
Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-05-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:52 PM   #26
The Pook
Grade 1

Ted,

I downloaded the exe install file through safari and copied to my Parallels desktop. And also downloaded directly through Chrome within Parallels. Both ways I get the following error when trying to install.

Online this is explained as an incomplete file. I notice the 2.2 exe file is 18mb. The latest 2.1 exe file was around 28mb.

Any thoughts,
Mike
Attached Images

The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:40 PM   #27
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mike, the new Install file is smaller than the old one: 18,321 Kb (I cut out a bunch of deadwood).

Using the Microsoft Checksum utility at this location (https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/down....aspx?id=11533) to test integrity of downloaded files, I ran a Checksum on the file I posted for download (RdssInstall.2.2.2020.22.exe).

The Checksum value is: 738fa00c1046db96bb6cd741b227bed8 rdssinstall.22.2020.22.exe (corrected)

You could download and run the same Checksum utility to verify that you got a complete file - just read the readme.txt file. If that checks out identical, then you got the full file and the problem lies elsewhere.

I am not a Mac or Parallels expert at all, though some here do use that environment. I will reach out to them and point them to this post.

So far, looks like several dozen RDSS users have downloaded and installed the new version, but I can't tell which ones are running in Parallels. No similar complaints to yours so far

That's all I got so far. Let me know if I can do anything else.

Ted

P.S. FWIW, I will try to build this checksum test for download file integrity into future updates.

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-05-2020 at 02:55 PM. Reason: corrected checksum
Old 11-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #28
winning
Grade 2

Hi Ted, The Race Conditions/Wagers shows blank screen with no info. Thank-you, Brian
winning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 03:19 PM   #29
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winning View Post
Hi Ted, The Race Conditions/Wagers shows blank screen with no info. Thank-you, Brian
Brian, this was reported previously in this Thread. Here was my answer, below. (No word from Phil on whether that fixed things).

Please let me know.

Ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by elocutionist View Post
Ted,
I just downloaded the new version. On the entries screen, the race conditions/wagers is blank.

Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Phil, possibly it's an artifact of viewing a race first downloaded and assembled in RDSS2.1? Is this true of ALL races on the day you're looking at, or all races in your database collection?

Either can you try downloading a fresh race in RDSS2.2, OR - re-download/reassemble the card with race with the blank Race Conditions (Uncheck Don't Duplicate Task in the Data Centre if you do this).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-05-2020, 04:35 PM   #30
wagercapper
Winner

Had no problems downloading or installing RDSS22 on an iMac running Mojave in Parallels 14.
wagercapper is offline   Reply With Quote