Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 10-31-2018, 08:59 AM   #1
mick
Abiding Student

Breeders' Cup Weather

The forecast is heavy rain on Thursday (1-2 inches possible), overcast on Friday and sunny on Saturday. Churchill drains well so the track should be fast and firm for the big Saturday races.
Attached Images

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
mick
Abiding Student

Breeders' Cup: Enable leads European challenge as Kentucky ready for storm

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...eady-for-storm

Interesting article by the Guardian's racing correspondent. As he's based in London, his perspective may be different than ours and of course, he's focused on the Euros. I suspect the turf course won't be firm on Friday and may not be firm on Saturday. That could be a factor.

Illustrated Glossary
Old 10-31-2018, 11:14 AM   #3
reckless
Grade 1

I'm giving extra looks to those with strong late pace, especially on the main track. CD is SP friendly in wet/drying out conditions.

My biggest BC Classic wins came on drying out tracks when Concern and Drosslemyer won and paid big prices.

While he won't be 50-1, please consider Discreet Lover seriously in the mix in this year's Classic. He has been training very well at Parx, I have been assured.

Good luck everyone.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:17 AM   #4
mick
Abiding Student

It's Thursday morning and in Louisville it has rained almost an inch since midnight. While the main track probably will be fast both Friday and Saturday, I don't think the turf course can dry out that quickly. There are three grass races carded for tomorrow (all 2YOs) and four more on Saturday. Personally, I'll be looking for horses that like yielding turf and soft footing.

As an aside, I don't think they'll take tomorrow's three races off the turf but they might have the rails up. That would make for an even more complicated puzzle. With the rails up, the turns are tighter and that favors early. But the course will be heavy and more tiring, which favors pressers and closers. Don't you love it?

Illustrated Glossary
Old 11-02-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
mick
Abiding Student

Track conditions - Friday

This is from Equibase. The rain has stopped in Louisville and I would expect the main track to be "fast" by this afternoon. The turf course however will probably remain "yielding" through the weekend.
Attached Images

Illustrated Glossary
Old 11-03-2018, 09:52 AM   #6
mick
Abiding Student

Lots of sunshine, at last! The tracks are listed as fast and good. Should be a day of incredible racing. Hope we all have good luck, good skill and most importantly, a good time!
Attached Images

Illustrated Glossary