Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #21
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bill,

Once the Running Style formula is tuned up a bit, would it be helpful to show the array of Running Styles for each race (and Early Speed Points) in the My Races tool so you could search for, for example, Maiden Races with exactly 1 E8 ?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #22
vderdak
Grade 1

I hit him too, also the one at SA today, same thing, lone early at a bit over 10-1 odds in the final race.
vderdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #23
polambi
Grade 1

Great catch on this maiden win, Bill V!
I have an eye on those maidens too.
polambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #24
For The Lead
Grade 1

You beat me to the punch!

Great job bill.

I was going to post this race, so I got all my screens together and marked the important areas so everyone could follow along. When I got to the the thread....there was your post!!! Oh well, as long as somebody put it up here for everyone to see, that's all that matters.

And congratulations to those that hit this horse or other maidens like it! Good Job.

I finished my post with the following:

In Las Vegas there is a old saying. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
Well, make that a STEAK DINNER!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #25
lone speed
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
It took a while I had some success with maiden earlys but I wanted to wait for the LONE E8
I got it tonight race 6 from Penn

I only bet $2 but 14/1 is nice
Attachment 33586

Attachment 33584

Attachment 33583

Attachment 33585

Bill....

It might be interesting if we can cut off the paceline from #4 Kohl and we come with a virtual line of Kohl only running a 5 furlong race......The Hat talked many times of using virtual lines....so I don't see why we can't come up with one in this situation....

We would use the same beaten lengths but for the finish beaten lengths, we use 5 lengths as the final beaten lengths....

i.e.
5 furlongs....22.9 47.7 100.5 beaten lengths use 0 0 .hd and 5 lengths

depending on what programs you are using...

thoromation--no speed ratings required...

others----use what a 5 lengths finish behind a time of 100.5 correlates at the current track at Penn for 5 furlongs...

I am sure that #4 Kohl would be in the top of readouts....

Good skills
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #26
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone speed View Post
Bill....

It might be interesting if we can cut off the paceline from #4 Kohl and we come with a virtual line of Kohl only running a 5 furlong race......The Hat talked many times of using virtual lines....so I don't see why we can't come up with one in this situation....

We would use the same beaten lengths but for the finish beaten lengths, we use 5 lengths as the final beaten lengths....

i.e.
5 furlongs....22.9 47.7 100.5 beaten lengths use 0 0 .hd and 5 lengths

depending on what programs you are using...

thoromation--no speed ratings required...

others----use what a 5 lengths finish behind a time of 100.5 correlates at the current track at Penn for 5 furlongs...

I am sure that #4 Kohl would be in the top of readouts....

Good skills
I know you asked this question of Bill V., but since I started this thread and since the whole idea behind the thread was identifying maiden winners by their early speed, regardless of finish, what you are suggesting would defeat the entire purpose of the thread.

And speaking of "on top", the $30 winner in Bill V.'s most recent post was "on top" at the first fraction, "on top" at the second fraction" and "on top" at the second call. The purpose behind this thread was to show how horses that are "on top" at these positions of the race are oft times "ON TOP" at the end of the race....regardless of their previous finish.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #27
lone speed
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post
I know you asked this question of Bill V., but since I started this thread and since the whole idea behind the thread was identifying maiden winners by their early speed, regardless of finish, what you are suggesting would defeat the entire purpose of the thread.

And speaking of "on top", the $30 winner in Bill V.'s most recent post was "on top" at the first fraction, "on top" at the second fraction" and "on top" at the second call. The purpose behind this thread was to show how horses that are "on top" at these positions of the race are oft times "ON TOP" at the end of the race....regardless of their previous finish.
For the Lead….

You are one of the few posters on this board whose messages I value and respect. This demeanor of yours in this post seems out of character. It was not my intention to change the focus of this thread or to twist the thread. I was focused on presenting an idea when the opportunity presented itself….I was not thinking about your thread or your focus on this topic…..

There are many ways to dissect an issue….nothing is dogmatic or is set in stone….More than one way to skin a cat….anyways…..

I will always look forward to your posts….since I value your opinions on this open and public board…..

Cheers
Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #28
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone speed View Post
For the Lead….

You are one of the few posters on this board whose messages I value and respect. This demeanor of yours in this post seems out of character. It was not my intention to change the focus of this thread or to twist the thread. I was focused on presenting an idea when the opportunity presented itself….I was not thinking about your thread or your focus on this topic…..

There are many ways to dissect an issue….nothing is dogmatic or is set in stone….More than one way to skin a cat….anyways…..

I will always look forward to your posts….since I value your opinions on this open and public board…..

Cheers
I apologize if I offended you in any way.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #29
lone speed
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post
I apologize if I offended you in any way.

For the Lead...

None taken....

As I said...you are one of the few posters whose opinions I valued...I have saved many of your postings and ideas that you have presented in my personal files to research and to utilize in this endeavor...We are in this forum to learn and to advance our personal skills and mindsets to enhance our knowledge and roi's...

Please continue your valued posts.....
Old 02-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #30
Bill V.
The egg man

Lone Speed

Hello LS

I suppose we can make a new paceline but in essence thats not needed
here.

Some lessons I have picked up from FTL

1. "Can't anybody bet a horse unless the program they're using tells them the horse is the FASTEST horse based on final time??"

2. The winner here owns the F1 , Turn Time and EPR Dream races
fractions.

3 If a horse can win from position 8 5 2 1 in one match up why can't a horse in the correct match up win with positions 1 2 5 8 ?

From Doc Sartin

Look at the 3 calls of Phase 1 not just the TPR
Look for a acceptable balance between EP and FF
Know what a winners 3rd fraction pararameters are at the tracks you wager
by class level, high Medium and Average
This was a low level MC race at 5.5

Even with the pace line as is Thoromation gets the 4 horse

Here are some screens
I have made 4 stop action screens On thoromation The 4 wins the race
but at the very last instint the 3 horses bunch up to look like a 3 horse
dead heat

But look at the race in thoromation at the 3 calls and take note of the