Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

The truth of the matter

It is unbelieveable in this day and age how you cant voice your
opinion even on a horse race message board.

The powers to be here make like they are trying to help you but the
truth of the matter is all they are doing is trying to sell RDSS.

It gets even worse when one member is crying for help and that he
cant afford to download any more and then is told by the
programmers mother how dissappointed she is at how he is letting
his team down.

Right there it told me how disconcerned certain people that are associated
with the program care for thier members on board here.

I really dont know how many will see this as I know it will be deleted
as one prominent member told me this place is really like a funeral home

EDDIE YOST ( You baseball fans should know who this is and Im saying
it instead of Adios)

PS: Bill V

I really pray that one day you will wake up and smell the coffee that you are
just being used as well to sell programs. Your a good guy and deserve a lot
better.

Last edited by shoeless; 06-30-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
vderdak
Grade 1

What opinion were you not able to voice Shoeless?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

No sense getting into it I just felt that it shouldnt have been,but
it was not directed harshly at anybody in particular.
I will just say that Im a firm believer of not being censored that is
not what this country is about.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Several of Shoeless' posts have been deleted in the past few weeks, posts which I would characterize as 'me too' posts, where someone may have had a disagreement or (in the view of the moderators) unnecessarily 'sharp' replies in a thread. Shoeless then replied, in effect, 'you should not censor peoples' words - it's a free country, etc, etc', which posts were deleted (by either me or Bill V) as being needlessly distracting or even inflammatory. Which then leads to a further cycle of complaint about censorship, etc. You can see how this can eventually circle all the way down the toilet bowl ...

Shoeless confuses this website with other websites or social-media where people can hang-out and just say whatever comes to their minds and out of their mouths, not concerned with the larger impact of individual comments. If someone starts a shouting war over whether they do or don't like Pizzolla, or Schwartz, or whether a respected member is or isn't adhering to the letter of Bradshaw or Sartin's original words (all recently contentious - and reasonable topics, but there are ways of expressing a difference of opinion which don't cause people to start shouting) - this 'shouting' is nothing but a distraction from the stated aim of PaceandCap.com which is to provide a learning forum for the Sartin Methodology and The Matchup. It annoys newcomers who come to learn, not to participate in gossip or petty vendettas from god-knows how long ago, started by who-can-remember what disagreement or perceived disrespect (does this sound familiar in the larger world?)

I'd say about 99% of those who come here daily to read or to post have no problem with how to conduct civil public discourse, how to learn, how to comment on others' data or opinions - even how to respectfully disagree.
Quote:
It gets even worse when one member is crying for help and that he cant afford to download any more and then is told by the programmers mother how disappointed she is at how he is letting his team down.
Many people may know the member Shoeless refers to above, and the 'team'. (And those who don't know, may be wondering why they should care ). That member can reply for himself, however - that member was supplied with free unlimited data by me during the PAIHL Team handicapping competition (because his financial means were short and I wanted to support all the RDSS teams), and continuing long after that event finished (Kentucky Derby). Whatever disagreements team members had among themselves is for those 3 people (which included my mother) - not for the gossip columns unless they choose to air it (and again, why ...?) How can it reflect on the mission or management of PaceandCap.com, or on RDSS software?

Shoeless is misguided in his thinking that no one tried to help that person.

I can't speak to Shoeless' mission in being at Paceandcap, but my mission (and Bill V's and I hope that of most people who value this site) is, or should be, to focus on teaching and learning the Sartin Methodology including Bradshaw's Matchup approach, to giving technical and education support for RDSS as well as whatever older programs people may choose to use, and also general interest horse racing discussion. If you're confused as to what 'tone of voice' to use while communicating here, just read the Code of Conduct (aka Terms of Service). Again, most people don't have a problem. No one will be 'kicked off' for initial posts which tend to inflame, but then again most civilized folks tend to not introduce themselves to a new community with 'bluster first'.

In his opening post above, Shoeless bids Adios ('Eddie Yost'). I wish him all the best, and a happier and more educational experience at his next horse racing forum than he apparently has found at this one.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-01-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Well said, lefty...
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
noddub62
Budman

Well said Ted. You and Bill are both good moderators and I for one appreciate what you two do. Hope the shoulder is healing nicely.

Bud
Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
rmath
Grade 1

Very well put Ted. Am in total agreement that you and Bill are doing a great job moderating this site. TOO bad it appears to be a thankless job.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

rmath
Closed Thread