Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 07-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Energy Screen RDSS

Can someone please explain what the E\EP, L\EP and TPP mean
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:23 PM   #2
mick
Abiding Student

E/EP – Early Energy Potential, a blending of all three fractional velocities balanced toward the first two fractions. (Considered an improvement on the older EPR as a measurement of early energy distribution.)
L/EP – Late Energy Potential, a blending of all three fractional velocities balanced toward the third fraction. (Considered an improvement on the older LPR as a measurement of late energy distribution.)
TPP – Total Pace Potential, a combination of E/EP and L/EP.

I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that, but I recently looked up the definitions for a glossary.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Thanks Mick
Old 07-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #4
Mark
Grade 1

The day the Sartin Methodology changed...

As those of us remember the Sartin world changed with the advent of Kgen, Energy and Thoromation. I think it was Vector analysis but for sure some form of Calculus was applied to the pace line and internal fractions. They were able simplistically to map a curve of acceleration and deceleration from the points of call and their fractions and final time. The Doc wrote about this in the Follow Up. These plotted curves were the mathematical expression of the hand plotted graphs that Jim Bradshaw did in learning Sartin's concepts. Everything the Doc did subsequently drew on the knowledge from this work. If you remember in Thoromation there was an Exdc screen, a SP screen and the race across the screen. It is my belief that these are what appears in RDSS as E/EP, L/EP and TPP. Another possibility is that they are Paragon A and Paragon B readouts. They were just repackaged in new programs with new names because the Pirates were stealing everything he did.
The last thing they could possibly be has to involve the Dream Race. Taking the best fractions from all pacelines selected and comparing the individual horses fractions to them as a percentage. So E/EP probably was 2nd call or EP and L/EP was probably final fraction with TPP beginning final time.
Regardless, given proper paceline entry for contenders, these factors are OUTSTANDING in their accuracy. Even uncanny! The hard part is getting the right horses as real contenders and a paceline that makes them competitive in the race but accentuates their Running style.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Thanks Mark
Old 07-19-2016, 04:36 AM   #6
gl45
Grade 1

if you don't select the right pace line, you lose big, no matter what! so good luck with that.
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
shoeless
Grade 1

Hey old friend I hope everything is going well

You are dead on about the pace lines no matter what program you are
using, your not going to win.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:45 PM   #8
gl45
Grade 1

tuff game shoe, I have to kudos Mark, he is a hell of a guy. Pay attention on what does he says about mu.
Everything is fine, can't be better, about you. I'm evolving into the uncharted waters of horse racing handicapping. Yesterday I was 3 for 5 for a 1.805 ROI, today so far my ROI is at 0.48 with a race to go, I can win few $$ if one of my two contenders win otherwise might break even or lose few penny. Will chat soon.
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #9
shoeless
Grade 1

GL glad your hitting them, there could be a race with 1 horse in it and I would still find a way to lose. Oh well life goes on.

I wonder if any of the guys from Bill's VDC Messenger days are still lurking around, those were fun times.