Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
shoeless
Grade 1

Actually we have gone off track of the original premise of the thread
of using Rmath's method (which I find interesting) of corrolating CSR
with VDC.

Also I had to use TPR rating instead of CSR as I dont have RDSS
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #12
lone speed
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post
why?

Wow…I wake up and check in…..I find out that Bill V. has been very busy and threw in some of my mojo that I was going to post….Great analysis...Bill!!!

The point is not about getting the winner #5 on top on the RDSS readout….if one person is content to use the early/late graph only and conclude that the #5 was the lone early speed of the race and the most logical potential winner and move on…then so be it…

By the way, the race came up EXDC on thoromation, and the first two horses on the EXDC preplay screen at the first call were the final first two finishers….FTL…you mentioned the importance of early speed at the early calls in many postings..

Personally, I do not have to see the winner on top in the final readouts of Rdss….I can make those evaluations from looking at the Match up screen of any Sartin program and make any necessary “adjustments.” This is only a 5K claiming race and is only one race………It is about concepts……is it enough to say that a horse is the lone early speed of a matchup and move onward towards the next race…maybe and that is quite alright.

I am more interested in the “potential ability matchup” in a given race that I want to evaluate. Jim Bradshaw had said many times that “one horse goes to the front, and either they catch him or they don’t.” The matchup of any given race always revolves around the pacesetters and those with the abilities to overcome the pace. I would like to evaluate the lone early speed against his matchup contenders and to verify, if indeed, the lone early speed can overcome the matchup and to prevail in the readouts.

I do not believe that I am asking too much as I am well aware that these concepts are all already in the Sartin Methodology in Sartin programs and Bradshaw’s Matchup manual.

Good skills
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
For The Lead
Grade 1

The Winner

I thought I would put up the winner's PP's.
I have lined out the non-applicable distances and surfaces (turf).
Looks like a pretty good miler on dirt or poly when the track is not "off".
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
vderdak
Grade 1

What is rmaths method?
vderdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #15
shoeless
Grade 1

If you look in the RDSS section it is explained there,I dont want to give
out the wrong info.

I was just putting up one race to see if I narrowed down the contenders
beforehand would it do any good.Unfortunately though the thread got
turned in a different direction.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #16
shoeless
Grade 1

FTL,

Why the switch to RDSS? I thought you had your own
handicapping program.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
FTL,

Why the switch to RDSS? I thought you had your own
handicapping program.
You'll find the answer here.
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8895
Old 12-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #18
shoeless
Grade 1

if one person is content to use the early/late graph only and conclude that the #5 was the lone early speed of the race and the most logical potential winner and move on…then so be it…

Turfway Race 5 12-30

Contra does it again

Thanks Richie P from your advice a looooong time ago
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #19
rmath
Grade 1

Looking at Bills read outs the top two win contenders for me would have been
#1 with a 2-1 rating and the #5 with a 3-3 rating.
the #8 is a contender with a 1 vdc but with a 7 csr I would only consider it as a place or show horse.
When I started comparing the WINNERS rankings on these two ratings I wanted to see if it was possible to narrow most races down to as few horses as possible.
What I found was that the Winner in over 90% of my playable races had a rating of 4 or lower on one of the two sets of numbers.
From these contenders I then looked to see how many were actually rated in the top 4 on both and then broke it down even farther.
As in the example race above the # 8 with a 1 vdc ang a 7 csr would not be a Primary win contender, BUT if you are playing the exotics you should not leave any horse out that has a rating of 4 or lower on either VDC or CSR.

rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
shoeless
Grade 1

Rmath,

Thanks for you explanation and again I commend you on your work
and more importantly sharing it with others.

Jeff