Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-25-2019, 09:32 PM   #21
DanBoals
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

I know you are insanely busy right now with the changes TrackMaster dropped in your lap, but at some point in the future, if you could consider adding the following feature, I know it would help me.

If I could have a comment line, like 80 characters would be great, where I can enter my thoughts on a horse, that would then be able to be seen in the analysis screens, that would be awesome. For example, I select line 1 of horse 1, and notice he is dropping from a MSW to a MC, I would like to be able to note that so that when I get over to the analysis screens and I am making my bet, I will be reminded why even though its last line isn't great, I liked the horse.

Thanks, and keep up the outstanding work,

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #22
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dan, that's a great suggestion, one I've thought about before too. It would be for later this year.

I'll think about the architecture where to permanently store that info, where to display it. We'd likely need a new Analysis Tab: Comments/Notes.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:44 PM   #23
DanBoals
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

I would put the user entered info in the line below the RDSS data for that paceline, so each horse would by default have two lines in height instead of one.

Also, when I was working on Synthesis years ago, I found that cutting the DTV and track to track adjustments in half really improved results. I see you allow us to cut the DTV in half, but do you do the same to track to track? If not, I think that would be an excellent feature to add.

Thanks,

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #24
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dan, thanks. I will eventually investigate these user-added notes by race, saved for future. Optionally expanding the rows to double-height (like the Entries screen with its [+] expander Icon) is a possibility.

InterTrack variants are either used (100%) or not used at all (0%), per the Configure Tab Inter-Track Variant settings. That's what I got from Doc and Guy W in the Validator code. I could put in some setting to apply it at a sliding user-defined scale (including 50%), including different scales (%) for different segments and different by distance structure. (Some have already requested this). I can see the value of different applications of variants (both DTV & ITV) by distance. So, perhaps some day!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #25
CheckMark
Conley

Not sure how my luck will be again for a suggestion but I seriously think we should add a harness thread. Here’s why:

1) I like handicapping my local track Grand River in elora ontario

2) others may like harness tracks but don’t post

3) It keeps it organized and thoughtful to post for big races (Hambletonian, BReeders Crown)

For WIW it is up to Bill and Ted to decide upon this and I am all arms to accept or decline a offer.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:43 PM   #26
raceman5
Grade 1

Doc

didn't Doc Sartin have a program for Harness?

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:58 PM   #27
Lefty
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
didn't Doc Sartin have a program for Harness?

Bob
Yes he did, but he didn't really support it.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #28
Bill V.
The egg man

Yes

Tes Jim Bradshaw and Doc Sartin had a version of Thoromation,
call Trotomation. They did support and sold it. After about a year
Doc discontinued harness racing as part of the methodology.
He considered shady activity detrimental to win therapy
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #29
barb craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Not sure how my luck will be again for a suggestion but I seriously think we should add a harness thread. Here’s why:

1) I like handicapping my local track Grand River in elora ontario

2) others may like harness tracks but don’t post

3) It keeps it organized and thoughtful to post for big races (Hambletonian, BReeders Crown)

For WIW it is up to Bill and Ted to decide upon this and I am all arms to accept or decline a offer.
I was up at Grand River a couple of weeks ago. Big changes going on up there. I guess no more sitting by the window and having a leisurely dinner while handicapping the races. I go once a year when I visit my sister, Took me a while to figure out harness, but good money to be made if you do. Last year there were 2 races where a shipper from Saratoga had extremely fast times, but locals were staying away from him because they didn't know him. Both races were won easily at a great price.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #30
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
I was up at Grand River a couple of weeks ago. Big changes going on up there. I guess no more sitting by the window and having a leisurely dinner while handicapping the races. I go once a year when I visit my sister, Took me a while to figure out harness, but good money to be made if you do. Last year there were 2 races where a shipper from Saratoga had extremely fast times, but locals were staying away from him because they didn't know him. Both races were won easily at a great price.
That’s awesome Barb! Yes big renovations here in Fergus/Elora for Grand River.
Dimes ways they could improve but things are looking good with renovations for table games. Shippers go well!!