Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 01-27-2020, 02:28 AM   #311
thebear67
AlwNW1X

Tandems tab not working.

I have had several incidents of the tandem tab showing no tandems in a race,yet the brisnet past performances show tandems. This has been happening frequently lately.Sorry if I butted in on someone else' s post as I am not familiar with posting.
thebear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #312
Ted Craven
Grade 1

No worries! Dates, tracks, races?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:20 AM   #313
thebear67
AlwNW1X

Missing tandems

1-26-20 Gulfstream Pk. Races 4,6,7,8,9.
thebear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #314
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear67 View Post
1-26-20 Gulfstream Pk. Races 4,6,7,8,9.

Thanks, I will study those Tandems.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-11-2020, 05:49 PM   #315
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorianmode View Post
Just curious if this error message / bug (which happens when I try to run a "My Races" list) has ever been addressed ? Thanks.

Just a follow up (OK, a response ) to this item: In MyRaces, only the Today and Yesterday time frames work. Future and Other Dates (i.e. Past) produce a variety of error messages depending on whether tote is enabled or not, but anyway - they don't work. Just use the Race Cards by Date Sidebar listing to access Future or Past race data, though no filtering is available there.

On the list ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-21-2020, 02:18 AM   #316
Swifty0x0
Grade 3

Working races the night before

Hi Ted,

Just wanted to let you know the issues I've seen when wanting to work races the night before. You may already be aware of these, but just in case...

If the same track had a card earlier in the day, it seems to think that tomorrow's card is today's. It shows 0 minutes to post on the last race from earlier in the day, and seems to try to find scratches from earlier in the day and apply them to tomorrow's card which causes some errors and other data peculiarities.

Naturally, there's no BRIS PL/BPP figures the night before, but when I get to post time the next day and try to refresh the TS ratings they don't show up. The only way I could get the PL/BPP figures to show up was to re-assemble the races. However, this messes up the lines I settled on the night before. I tried unchecking the "Select Pacelines during Race Assembly" before re-assembling (hoping to preserve the lines I chose), but with that unchecked the PL/BPP figures did not show after re-assembling.

I'm also trying to remember, but I think when the "Select Pacelines...." was unchecked RDSS actually cleared all the line selections when I re-assembled the races.

If there is a way to preserve lines picked the night before while trying to get the PL/BPP figures, or some kind of work around (if I wasn't doing it wrong) please let me know.

Thanks
Swifty0x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #317
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
Hi Ted,

Just wanted to let you know the issues I've seen when wanting to work races the night before. You may already be aware of these, but just in case...

If the same track had a card earlier in the day, it seems to think that tomorrow's card is today's. It shows 0 minutes to post on the last race from earlier in the day, and seems to try to find scratches from earlier in the day and apply them to tomorrow's card which causes some errors and other data peculiarities.

Naturally, there's no BRIS PL/BPP figures the night before, but when I get to post time the next day and try to refresh the TS ratings they don't show up. The only way I could get the PL/BPP figures to show up was to re-assemble the races. However, this messes up the lines I settled on the night before. I tried unchecking the "Select Pacelines during Race Assembly" before re-assembling (hoping to preserve the lines I chose), but with that unchecked the PL/BPP figures did not show after re-assembling.

I'm also trying to remember, but I think when the "Select Pacelines...." was unchecked RDSS actually cleared all the line selections when I re-assembled the races.

If there is a way to preserve lines picked the night before while trying to get the PL/BPP figures, or some kind of work around (if I wasn't doing it wrong) please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks Swifty. What you observe is normal, though undesired, when working the next day's races the day before. After midnight ET, RDSS has no way to tell that tote info is not applicable to the current day even if it actually applies to the previous day. The TwinSpires tote API has no datestamp on it to say what day it relates to - it's just 'the current day'. Same issue with Scratches, as you note. This is fixable by some clever means, including using a different tote provider (upcoming), but not with the current RDSS version.

Re - BRIS PL/PP figs not refreshing the next day unless you reassemble (and lose your paceline selections) - I was unaware of that issue and will test it tonight by assembling some races for tomorrow then checking tomorrow for TS figs refresh.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-10-2020, 05:06 AM   #318
Mark
Grade 1

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  87.0 KB
I continually get races without Running style indication. I also have to select the paceline"last Line" in order to see the lines. Sometimes if I download the race cards again and clear cache and reassemble that fixes it. But none of that works on 4/10 cards. The following races come up this way got 4/10:
OP1,4,9
GP3,5,6,8
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:26 AM   #319
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Attachment 48776
I continually get races without Running style indication. I also have to select the paceline"last Line" in order to see the lines. Sometimes if I download the race cards again and clear cache and reassemble that fixes it. But none of that works on 4/10 cards. The following races come up this way got 4/10:
OP1,4,9
GP3,5,6,8
Mark, not only Running Style, but everything else! This has been reported from time to time, though I have never been able to duplicate it. It is clear why - the normal Convert process stops at a certain point, either for certain races or for all races. I can't figure out why it would stop by itself before processing fully (short of manually interrupting the process part-way).

Needless to say, I was able to assemble ALL races successfully for those and all other tracks today.

IMPORTANT - before reassembling a race or whole card which appears like this - re-Convert it first in the Data Centre, BUT - remember to UNCHECK the Don't Duplicate box first, forcing RDSS to re-convert a card it previously converted but possibly incompletely. You usually don't need to also re-download the card from TrackMaster, but there's no downside.

Every instance I have heard of where incomplete data was showing was resolved by FORCING a re-convert then reassembling the card.

Please let me know by email if this still does not work for you and I will try to help further.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #320
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Re 'I also have to select the paceline"last Line" in order to see the lines.' - this is governed by the setting on the Paceline Tools dialog: 'Select pacelines during race assembly' and also the type of Paceline Selection Strategy chosen. If unchecked, or if you chose Strategy '00 Manual (you choose)' then RDSS will not select pacelines.

IF - the assembly process is interrupted (possibly because of faulty data from an interrupted Convert process), then even though you may ask for paceline selection during assembly, the process may not get that far and you may get no pacelines. As likely: there is no paceline data available (due to the failed Convert) for the race-assembler to select from.

Ted

R
DSS -