Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 10-03-2019, 12:18 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Questions from a new RDSS User

Quote:
Can you let me know which screen or category represents the final screen on Val4?

The BL/BL screen in RDSS is the Val4 Super Screen. On the RDSS Configure screen, if you set the Mode to Val4 Emulation (and the range of DTV adjustments to -50 ... +50), the readouts in RDSS will be the exact same as Validator4. FWIW, in my opinion, Val4 mode in RDSS (hence Val4) is not superior to the Default mode in RDSS. But it is 100% faithful to the collection of adjustments in Validator4.

Is it possible to enter multiple lines on a single horse in order to better compare which line most represents the best of the last 3 @ today's surface and distance?

Yes. Hold the Ctrl key and click somewhere on multiple pacelines. This keyboard+mouse combo works just like everywhere else in Windows software.

Also is there a way to print any screen in your program to better keep records of which screens represent the best results for each track and distance and surface?

Screen capture and printing, and storage in a Word or Wordpad RTF document for reference - is covered in this RDSS FAQ: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...60&postcount=9

On the Entries screen for each race, click the Print Outs button to open a fresh WordPad (RTF format) document to copy and past your screen captures for printing or saving. If you previously put screen captures in that document for a race, clicking the Print Outs button will reopen that file with your previous print outs.

I have lost my hard copy of Val4 and the one that was installed on my desktop was lost when the ceiling leaked water from a broken pipe and CPU was ruined. I can't remember all the screens that I used in order to keep records by looking at certain segments that correlate to to see where the winners are coming from.

You can export your data from Analysis screens to Excel and use those exports to import to a Model Sheet to gradually build records of which readouts work best for you at different tracks, surfaces and distance groups. Here is the RDSS FAQ on Exporting to Excel: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...23&postcount=7

You can also find lots of information and discussions on making and use of Models by using the Google Site Search tool (main menu, left-hand side): http://www.rdss2.com/google-sitesearch. Search for terms like 'export excel models'. Pay attention to more recent posts, as the tool has evolved over the years.

FWIW, some people still like using the old DOS Val4 program - even though it is cantankerous and difficult to run in modern 64 bit Windows 10. RDSS IS Val4: every readout is the same, per the first answer above. Check posts in the Older Sartin Programs Forum about Dosbox and running old programs.

If anyone wants to purchase Val4 (and a few have recently enquired), just make a payment for an additional year of RDSS and I will send you Val4. You can export files from RDSS to Val4 - the same data file you would otherwise download from TrackMaster.

Any help you can give me concerning these issues, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Welcome back to the Sartin Methodology and to RDSS!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:06 AM   #2
DanBoals
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Is it possible to enter multiple lines on a single horse in order to better compare which line most represents the best of the last 3 @ today's surface and distance?

Yes. Hold the Ctrl key and click somewhere on multiple pacelines. This keyboard+mouse combo works just like everywhere else in Windows software.

Ted
This is why this board is so important. I did not know that RDSS had this capability. This is great.

Thank you Ted!

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote