Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2017
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Old 08-20-2017, 07:50 AM   #71
barb craven
Grade 1

And a few from in the tent yesterday. A much better day and everybody was intent on winning a few.

Richard D
(standing) Charlie and Missy B (background) Bill V (foreground)
Name:  bill,mike,charlie, missie small.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  876.6 KB

Mike O (mowens33) foreground beside Don E
Name:  don n mike small.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  522.5 KB

Tim G (Lt1) and Bill V foreground, Ted C and Mick (background), Richard D (standing)
Name:  mike,bill,tim,ted.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  704.9 KB

Don E in his thinking cap
Name:  tom small.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  565.3 KB

None of me, I'm the picture taker. For those who have never been to the Spa, here just one of the openings to the grandstand.
Name:  restaurant in stands panamora small.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  373.8 KB

Last edited by Ted Craven; 08-20-2017 at 07:42 PM.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #72
RichieP
Grade 1

Karen and I had a blast last night, getting into town and having supper with Barb, Ted, Bill and Joe.

Food and company were great my goodness I haven't seen Bill's dad in probably 15 years and he looks the same!!! walks 2 miles a day and is in awesome shape! I miss hanging with Bill like the old days man so it is very special when I can see him and boy is he sharp!! Learned a lot listening to him and Ted talk races, strategies etc because I am pretty much out of racing as far as wagering, sharpness etc. Ted is very sharp, funny and one of the nicest men I have met.

Barb is my 2nd Mom and seeing her is so cool. She is always full of energy, great stories of adventure etc!! Karen loves her, says she is very real!

Today we head to the track and I cant wait to meet up with everyone and say hi! We are very lucky to be part of all this "good stuff"!!

a couple of photos from last night that my honey took.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #73
mick
Abiding Student

Saratoga is truly special and so are my RDSS friends. What a wonderful group of people and a great gathering.

A special thanks to Ted and Charlie for making all of this happen.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #74
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Saratoga is truly special and so are my RDSS friends. What a wonderful group of people and a great gathering.

A special thanks to Ted and Charlie for making all of this happen.
See you today?
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:06 AM   #75
mick
Abiding Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
See you today?
Yes, sir. I look forward to meeting you, Jeebs. I think we'll have a good crowd again today.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #76
Bill V.
The egg man

Jeebs

I am sorry I will miss you today
Dad and I went home last night. We have a Varone family gathering at Monmouth Park today

It was a beautiful gathering, I have been to a bunch of these, This year really was a classic, It was an honor to get to meet so many wonderful people.

It really matters to get to know somebody, The look in their eye, The sound of their voice, the strength and warmness of the hug or handshake.

Thank you to all my friends who came and to those who look in on Pace and Cap

Peace and Good Skill
happy times today
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #77
Jeebs
Grade 1

Have fun Bill! Maybe next year! Saratoga isn't going anywhere soon. Still looking forward to seeing everyone else!
Old 08-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #78
Bill V.
The egg man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Karen and I had a blast last night, getting into town and having supper with Barb, Ted, Bill and Joe.

Food and company were great my goodness I haven't seen Bill's dad in probably 15 years and he looks the same!!! walks 2 miles a day and is in awesome shape! I miss hanging with Bill like the old days man so it is very special when I can see him and boy is he sharp!! Learned a lot listening to him and Ted talk races, strategies etc because I am pretty much out of racing as far as wagering, sharpness etc. Ted is very sharp, funny and one of the nicest men I have met.

Barb is my 2nd Mom and seeing her is so cool. She is always full of energy, great stories of adventure etc!! Karen loves her, says she is very real!

Today we head to the track and I cant wait to meet up with everyone and say hi! We are very lucky to be part of all this "good stuff"!!

a couple of photos from last night that my honey took.
A great end to a great weekend , RICH you and I have endured al long hard journey, but God answers prayers , In his own way and in time

Love
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #79
barb craven
Grade 1

We were joined by Dr Z (William Ziemba), a great new friend!

Name:  dr.z small.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  170.7 KB

Last edited by Ted Craven; 08-20-2017 at 07:44 PM.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #80
Jeebs
Grade 1

Very nice day to finally meet some of the guys on the board! Had the chance to finally meet Charlie (Gandolf), Richie and Karen, Richard D., Don, Mick and Tim (Lt1) and a few others whose names escape me (I apologize!) Lastly, it was nice to re-acquaint with Ted and his "mum" Barb, whom I sat across swapping horses and lies () throughout the course of the afternoon! I wish that I had been able to see Bill V. and Mike (mowens) but next year is right around the corner! Looking forward to another P&C gathering and hopefully an extra day or two to really enjoy everybody's company. Let's make next year's gathering bigger and better!

~Tim (Jeebs)

Last edited by Jeebs; 08-20-2017 at 10:10 PM.