Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 09-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Tpr Numbers

Hi Ted,I hope you dont mind me asking this but how are the TPR numbers doing with your program.By the way from the screen shots I have been seeing Im impressed with what you are doing.Jeff
Old 09-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jeff,

I personally haven't been tracking the TPRs too closely in RDSS, so I can't say how they perform on their own. They use the same formula described in PMTR, and use TrackMaster's adjustments for track-to-track (which would include track class) and daily track variant adjustments, so if one trusts them, I don't see why they would perform any worse (or better) than any other implementation of TPR which also uses trustworthy pars/variants.

These are the same numbers which have been around in various Sartin software since forever, just now broken out again as originally described in PMTR.

I personally feel they form only a part of the aggregate corollary rankings which are Primary Factors and Line Score (and then massaged into BL/BL). It's a shame to use only EPR, LPR (FFR) and CPR (TPR) and not use all the rest of the Compounded Factors. Though darn if some folks don't just use E/L Difference alone for the bulk of their handicapping. Remember when minds as diverse as Bill V and Tim Y would call out a Lone wild E from a pack of otherwise slow moving animals and clean up somewhere like AQU Inner or Philly in the winter?!

The more I see how different people use these same Sartin programs, the more I'm astonished how they all can end up more-or-less winners while picking different horses, using different methods, winning and losing different races - yet enjoying a positive ROI (some indecently so). I'm gaining confidence that our higher mutuels are still not endangered.

Thanks for the kind words about RDSS, and hope your work is also going well!

yours,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 09-08-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Ted,I was just wondering because I have been able to use TPR as stand alone in Syn 4.Are you ever going to add the option of putting raw data into Syn 4?I wasnt sure if this could be done or not?The typing in of data is starting to take it's toll.Jeff
Old 09-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Yes Jeff, absolutely! I have Syn4, I have the file format, I just have to play with it a bit (and find the time to shuffle it to the top of the To Do pile!)

I confess I have never used Syn4 before, and I have a copy protected version, which I'm sure I can get to work on either my WinXP or Vista boxes, but I have not yet installed it to either. If I get stuck, I may be hollering for help to the the Syn4 community here!

yours,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™