Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
partsnut
BetMix User

GPX Selections (02-24-12) Using RDSS Auto Selector And KGEN

GPX Selections (02-24-12) Using RDSS Auto Selector (Top 3 VDC) And KGEN

Ted did a great job on his new beta release and today I took advantage of what he has included in his software and decided test and to see how it would perform. I also would be remiss in not telling you that I also used the basics of Bill Varone's selection method using KGEN. Bill has put a lot of effort into what he does and is the consummate Sartin practitioner, teacher, founder and creator of this board. We all owe Bill a lot.

I tried this to see how many of my top 4 would win the other day at FGX and got 6 winners out of 6 races within the top 4.
I am optimistic that the end results will prove out.
The bottom line is a resultant profit at the end of the day.

Here is what I came up with.
Attached Images

partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Thanks Bill

Good Skill Today
I was wondering since there are so many variables What gets your top 2 ?
For example what you are using to say KGEN gets 9 and 5 in GP 7 ?

I use the method outlined in the manual
I enter good Plus + lines, that are with 5 points of the highest speed ratings
of the contenders in the race, I usually have only 4 horses
If I have 5, The horse with the lowest Kexdc ranking is suspect

I use the 2 adjust every time. Not in the manual but after many test, doing this seems to suite my lines contenders selection skills best,

I favor the two squiggly line graphs and look at the top 2 horse on each
graph. Most often I can make my win bets from these graphs.
If not them than Thoromation moving horse screen is the key, if there is still a question, One of the pre Play screens will clear the fog

GS
Today
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
partsnut
BetMix User

Bill V.

Quote:
Good Skill Today
I was wondering since there are so many variables What gets your top 2 ?
For example what you are using to say KGEN gets 9 and 5 in GP 7 ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill,

I hope all is well with you.

When using the auto selector (top 3 VDC)
All the lines come up automatically for all horses.
I reduce my contenders to the top 5 energy horses.
Then I use the BL/BL feature and look for the worst VDC and primary line score horse. If they are not the same, I use the 3rd column readout from the segments screen and eliminate the worst horse in this column.

Then I export the adjusted screen to KGEN. The difference in the energy number dictates the 1 or 2 adjustment that I use and is prescribed by the software. The Thoromation screen in KGEN tells me the top 2 horses and tells me what the varigate will be in the instant preplay screens by matching them to the Thoromation screen. The closest match is the varigate to use.

Last edited by partsnut; 02-24-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

Right on Bill
Thats a sound method Good Skill
are you using the default or Val mode

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
partsnut
BetMix User

Bill V.

Quote:
Right on Bill
Thats a sound method Good Skill
are you using the default or Val mode

Bill
I use the Val mode but unfortunately I didn't have very much success today at Gulfstream.

I might try using the perceptor (best of the top 3) tomorrow at the same track. The features are there so I might as well try them to see what works best.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #6
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post

I might try using the perceptor (best of the top 3) tomorrow at the same track. The features are there so I might as well try them to see what works best.
Hi Bill,

Hope you are doing well my friend. FWIW, there are two modes that I am partial to at this point. My main pace line mode would be perceptor (best of last 3, etc) However, when I want another look, I switch over Best BL/BL, last 3. I find the former to be more predictable but the latter to get some better price horses bubbling to the top of the BL/BL screen.

Best of luck this weekend. BTW, Michael Pizzolla would love your value seeking posts. That is the way he currently approaches the races.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #7
partsnut
BetMix User

JimG

Quote:
Hi Bill,

Hope you are doing well my friend. FWIW, there are two modes that I am partial to at this point. My main pace line mode would be perceptor (best of last 3, etc) However, when I want another look, I switch over Best BL/BL, last 3. I find the former to be more predictable but the latter to get some better price horses bubbling to the top of the BL/BL screen.

Best of luck this weekend. BTW, Michael Pizzolla would love your value seeking posts. That is the way he currently approaches the races.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your suggestions, I have already done todays GPX using the perceptor auto mode to see if my results improve.

As you have observed, my main focus is on value and I currently am using my own method which has had only one losing day in the past 2 weeks.
I have done this with another member who shares this with me and we both decided that we would keep this method to ourselves.
I do this in real time and cannot and will not try to project the winners in advance. The odds board tells the story for me. I look for at least one winner out of 5 playable races. If I get two then I'm a happy camper. The only loss I had recently was at the Fairgrounds on a day, last week, where there were no winners that paid over $8.00 +

Michael Pizzola's stuff is excellent, His TMM and Black Magic are great for the value player. I was there when Eric Langhar picked up on and learned about value playing from my late departed friend Doug Manley at the Imperial palace where we all sat together in the sports book. Michael Pizzola got it from Eric, his longtime friend and partner at the Internet Superhighway,when he programmed it into his software offerings. The Internet Superhighway is now Post Time Daily.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
partsnut
BetMix User

I will be working the Tampa card and will be on AIM and will work the odds board real time.
Anyone that wishes to follow along would be welcomed if they wish to join me.

My AIM address is Dr.horse@verizon.net
Old 02-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
partsnut
BetMix User

In the first2 races the perceptor auto format and KGEN got the first 2 races and performed well although they were the short priced favorites. If you will notice, I had a typo error in the first race where I called the(1) as (10).