Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Breeders' Cup > 2012
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2012 November 2 and 3. Discussion, Analysis, Selections, Celebrations!

Old 10-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Alert re incorrect Euro data

As with previous years, some Past Performance data for some Euro and possibly other horses is showing incorrectly in the RDSS Original screen.

The problem is: the RDSS data import routines from TrackMaster data files respond incorrectly when the race number given shows up as Race 0, which happens often in European races (i.e. the specific race number is not supplied). This is a problem for RDSS when different horses ran in different races on the same date at the same track - all races show up as Race 0. RDSS incorrectly stores the race distance for the first horse it processes, which is sometimes a different distance from the race run by a different horse on the same day.

So - some Euro horses' race distance is showing incorrectly. Follwoing are some examples and if folks find more examples, I hope they will report them here. An incorrect distance does not affect any other piece of data, because RDSS does not create adjusted times or velocities for these races without internal fractions. The TrackMaster Speed Ratings and Race Class ratings should be correct, if you use them.

I will make a concerted effort for the next major RDSS2 release (and well before BC 2013 - I promise!) to rewrite this routine to deal with this problem. My apologies that it is again a problem for us.

You can obtain Equibase Past Performances for every horse in every Breeders' Cup race HERE, if you want to check correct race distance values:

Here are some horses reported so far - the RDSS Original screen and the corresponding Equibase PPs:

November 2, Santa Anita Race 5, Breeders' Cup Marathon

Name:  BC Marathon #2 RDSS.png
Views: 636
Size:  125.0 KB

Name:  BC Marathon #2 Equ.png
Views: 620
Size:  161.1 KB

Name:  BC Marathon #13 RDSS.png
Views: 636
Size:  108.1 KB

Name:  BC Marathon #13 Equ.png
Views: 577
Size:  154.5 KB

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-31-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote