Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup ** > 2015 Matchup Challenge
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Old 10-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #1
The Pook
Grade 1

MC Ends Nov29

The 2015 Matchup Challenge will conclude on Sunday November 29.

I will develop a graphic stating "2015 Matchup Champ" for the winner. I can Email this to the Champ in a format usable as an avatar to show under the winners name on this site. Its not much but it will at least remind everyone of this persons Matching skills throughout the entire year of 2015 for as long as said person chooses to display it.

Pook

Last edited by The Pook; 10-23-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
The Pook
Grade 1

2016?

Post here with any opinions or suggestions on continuing the MC in 2016.
My input would be as follows:

1. Shorten to 6 months. (2 MC's every year)

2. $50 entry fee payable to winner through Paypal upon conclusion.

3. Enter to play by December 31st for a January 2 start.

4. Minimum 10 entrants so there is at least a $500 pot.

5. Same format and rules as 2015 except only 1 play per week on Saturdays only.

Pook

Last edited by The Pook; 10-21-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
mowens33
Grade 1

Pook, sounds like a plain!

Count me in!

Mike
Old 11-07-2015, 12:49 AM   #4
Capcondo
Grade 1

Ideas on the matchup challenge

First of all, I'd like to thank you Pook for all the work you've done keeping track of all this. I wish I'd done a little better. I'm sure I learned a great deal and I hope it will show next year.

I'm in accord with Nos. 2 through 5; particularly having 10 entrants so I only have to come up with a race every 2 months or so.

I'd like to see the two MC run more in accordance with the horseracing seasons. I'd like to see the first challenge start the end of January before the 3 year old preps begin. GP, OP, FG, and SA will be in full swing along with many minor tracks in the sun belt. Beginning the end of January, the first MC could run through Belmont Stakes day the first week of June. This covers the opening of many summer tracks.

Then, we take a break and clear our minds for the 2nd matchup challenge which would begin when SAR and DMR begin. This MC would run through the breeder's cup the end of October. This would cover the latter part of the meets at the summer tracks along with the meet where the breeder's cup is being held.

Let me know what you think. Either way, I'm all in.

Tim

Don't look back. You're not going that way.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:50 AM   #5
The Pook
Grade 1

Tim,

I think those are good ideas. Two Matchup Challenges linked with the horse racing seasons as you say. And having all entrants cycle with posting races would make it easier for all as to coming up with races to post.

So far we have four affirmative replies. Pook, Mike, Cigar, Tim. Ideally at least six more will come forward.

Some of what I've learned on Matching in my first year has been through this weekly challenge. I think I am better at it now too but not nearly consistent enough. As anybody can see from the standings it is not easy. Racemans record should encourage everybody and what would be great to see are participants improving however slightly next year.

Thanks Tim,

Pook