Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 07-31-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Part Ingredient/Secret of "THE HAT"?

RichieP has been taught by THE HAT to teach us that intuition is one of the ingredients to mastering THE MATCHUP from it simple applications stages to the more advanced stages.

Even on a technical and mathematical level, THE MATCHUP is still way ahead of the pack in picking horses, with or without software.

THE MATCHUP and THE SARTIN METHODOLOGY is still, also, ahead of the pack in explaining , better than most, why horses do what they do and their most likely behavior pattern.

But how did Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw go thru an entire race card in less than five minutes, and can play from 3 to 5 or more tracks simultaneously?

"THAT" is simply beyond technical and mathematical ability, although not entirely, because if someone mastered the principles of THE MATCHUP AND can do mental speed math , it is possible to get close to duplicating what he did.

Although there is some strong evidence that THE HAT had some ability in doing just that , maybe, more than the average person, to do that, his explanations tend to be more of a intuition, mind/altered state application.

It seemed he encouraged and tried to get the message across that it is a balanced blending of both technical principles of THE MATCHUP and intuition.

I think, not withstanding his Native American ways, immersion and methodologies, that "this" is a strong ingredient in what THE HAT seem to do so easily:

http://www.raymongraceprojects.com/dowsing.htm

As THE HAT said, he programmed his mind before opening the form, kept telling Richie how he "got quiet" with himself.

The technical and mathematical rote calculations are almost not needed for that.....he definitely possessed rote cerebral processing speed, but numbers can only take you so far.....,an answer beyond where numbers stop or current technology has not either evolved or advanced yet, because we are predicting a UNIQUE race that has not run yet, with a past performance line that is NOT in the future form YET, based on the past performance, current behavior and how the horse is going to react with THIS ONE AND ONLY mix of contenders, NEVER to be repeated in history.

I strongly think some of the methodologies here were used INSTINCTIVELY, whether known or not, since all science/higher learning is relative and cross-related, or can be cross-related..., the solution of one discipline can be applied to an entirely different subject.

Because one of the essential ingredients is discipline of the mind to acquire basic skill , then moving on to more advanced skill, once the basic can be applied and proven to work for the individual.

VoodooFan
VoodooFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
tfm
Former member

I don't the Match Up but my game has quickly evolved to where I play in a similar way. I pay 5 or 6 cards at once and, for the most part, spend 5 minutes or less per race. And, I typically do no advance preparation for a race (other than my results charts).

Either something immediately hits me or it doesn't. Either I see what I'm looking for or I just pass the race.

There are, after all, other ways of approaching the game than noting how fast a horse is able to run at a given point in the race. For example, there's the complete race snapshot approach. Doesn't matter, I think, how fast or slow a horse is. What matters is how this fits in with the races it's run. It's the rare horse that's able to dictate race circumstances. The race dictates to the horse, not the other way around.

This is wholistic handicapping and it just overflows with INTUITION.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

"TFM:
John least from where I sit you are doing the matchup and a most vicious one at that! You use raw times with your "Fat Charts"and find matchups, wait for value and fire. Sounds pretty damn good to me man

"Voodoo"
I'd give my right nu* to have these 3 things present at the same time:
1) Quiet clear mind
2) Quiet surroundings
3) Consistent first impression trust and immediate acting upon it.

With that I am in spot play heaven and without I am sucking wind looking for a life preserver.

Hat's mind and his ability to control it and have it do what he wanted (quieting, relaxing for ex) on DEMAND separated him from the pack. I 've never seen anything close to what he could do and that is not hyperbole.

My hand to goodness this is true story:
My mom had been having these kind of convulsions due to her diabetes maybe once a month. Long story short Hat hears her downstairs one night when he was teaching me. Tells me to run and put the phone next to her ear and told me to "hush up Rich do it".

I did and could hear Hat do this thing her did with his voice pretty loudly in Mom's ear. Next thing Mom just stops moving completely, blinks her eyes couple of times , closes them and then sits with a smile on her face.

I freaked and asked Jim what happened. He told me he had shocked Mom's mind into a "quiet state" and then somehow put thoughts in her head about her Dad (whom she loved) and happy time when she was growing up.

How he did it I have no idea but that was well over 18 months ago and she has not had a single episode since. Her doctor of 34 years has NO explanation.

Point is if he could do that to someone else's mind think of the power/control he had over his own

The Quiet Mind leads to your Mind's Eye being it's sharpest
Old 07-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Absolutely , Intriguiging, Richie, like to hear more sometime, but I feel I am doing and have been doing a different approach to Match up for awhile , as I 1st look at a race and find the contenders and then match them against each other, but not the enitre field, and if possible try to use those little Bias's that tracks have like inside posts do better on routes, as outside does even better on 6fur or shorter races, and so on..

I have been listening to you drum into me to use that 1st impression, or intution, what ever we may call it, but go with the minds 1st evaualtion, instead of making yourself change things, to only ask yourself, why you didn't listen to you instincts, and I still find myself doing just that, but less and less since coming here.

I always had to me what I called a sixth sense when it came to some races from the day I 1st picked up a DRF, over 20 years ago, and only lately has it started to comne back to me, not often enough for my expaectations, but still, that gut feeling play has alomst always did well, problem is getting 6 of them in a row, but let me not get carried away here, as I do so often.

But using what we call intuition to help us pick winners is a welcome thing for me and something I am certainly going to try to expand on in future, as it works well, as the mind is a very powerful thing, and I may have started late in life, but I intend to start trying to use my mind much much more than ever before...

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

I did and could hear Hat do this thing her did with his voice pretty loudly in Mom's ear. Next thing Mom just stops moving completely, blinks her eyes couple of times , closes them and then sits with a smile on her face.

I freaked and asked Jim what happened. He told me he had shocked Mom's mind into a "quiet state" and then somehow put thoughts in her head about her Dad (whom she loved) and happy time when she was growing up.
Sounds like some form of hypnosis, "HAT" style.

If you notice in some of the dowsing stuff, you do not need a physical object, just some signal you have programmed yourself to either "get" the answer of "yes" or "no".

Supposedly, energizing water from a dead state through energy/mind transference is part of dowsing, who knows what else is there.

There seems to be more ways and applications to dowsing than what I thought, and if one can combine this with some form of hypnosis, wow.

Looks like research is in order into "Native American" style hypnosis or altered mind states.

Who knows what technology one can find and combine.

VoodooFan
Old 08-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Pretty close, I think....

I don't think I was too far off, when you read the two and compare.

I think when I get some time, I may try the basics to see if there are any initial results.

http://www.raymongraceprojects.com/dowsing.htm

VoodooFan

From "The Mind's Eye" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

IF you have done the steps outlined for you as you start to match horses there ARE going to be times when you get to a horse and YOUR "Mind's Eye" is going to tell you quite "loudly" "THIS is the horse that is going to win the race".

STOP. This is YOUR horse to bet.
Even if it turns out that he is the 1-2-3 horse and there are others you haven't gotten to yet with your horse by horse work. STOP and BET that horse QUICKLY (assuming acceptable odds).

If you are a 2 horse win bettor make sure THAT horse is one of your 2 bets.

You have done steps that gave your "Mind's Eye" the chance to take in each horse's ENTIRE pp's a couple of times and it has seen all it needs to see in THIS race.

It will NOT happen in every race but when it does STOP and BET that horse.
==========================================================

Richie

What is Dowsing?
Dowsing is one of the many names used for apparently tapping into your Superconscious,
Subconscious, Spirit Guides, or something like that. This is accompanied with some method for
detecting this information. This could be a gut feeling, the twitch of a muscle, or some type of controlled
external device. Every culture in the world, clear back to cave drawings, has had some type of dowsing.
Dowsing was often used to find life-giving water.

Companion to
LETTER TO ROBIN
Learning to Dowse - Student Guide
and
Teachers’ Syllabus
By
Walt Woods
Old 09-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #7
Jonathan Steele
Grade 1

VoodooFan said:

"I think, not withstanding his Native American ways"

That's American Indian, my friend. To paraphrase Doc Sartin from one issue of the Follow Up: "Don't you ever call a real American Injun an native American."

Death to political correctness!

All the best,

Jon

Last edited by Jonathan Steele; 09-14-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Jonathan Steele is offline   Reply With Quote