Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 04-17-2018, 01:11 PM   #1
Lefty
Grade 1

Validator4

Came across an old thread that said you could get Val4 from Mary
Sartin.
still true? Will it work on Windows 8?

/
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Val 4

Hi Lefty
You can only get Val 4 from Ted
I believe all the money goes to Mary Sartin from Ted

The thing is you can set up RDSS to be mirror Val 4.
RDSS has everything Val 4 does and in a much more friendly 2018 windows format.
I think if you want to run Val 4 on a windows 8 OS.
you are going to have to rig up some other programs or file converters to get the cards loaded.

Out side of just for feeling nostalgic I could not take the bugs and extra work needed to use good old Val 4 seriously.

I love Val 4 It is very dear to me , but
RDSS does it all much easier and with many important extra tools
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:38 PM   #3
Lefty
Grade 1

Thanks, Bill

Thanks, Bill. I appreciate it. I am thinking strongly about RDSS believe me.
I know you like the RX screen, but do you also use TPR or VDC along with some other readouts. I am curious as how you make your final decisions as you are very good.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #4
ssag0
AlwNW3X

Mary Sartin

Didn't Mary Sartin pass away?
ssag0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:55 PM   #5
Lefty
Grade 1

What will it work on?

Someone sent me Val 4. I'm wondering what machines it will work on? I don't remember if this was only Dos or not. I also have an old Synthesis disk.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:03 PM   #6
Rverge
Grade 1

i have it loaded through dos box made the trackmaster file in the program files but val does not read it for some reason.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:29 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Someone sent me Val 4. I'm wondering what machines it will work on? I don't remember if this was only Dos or not. I also have an old Synthesis disk.
Hi Lefty! Just seeing this post now for some reason. FWIW, it's probably not excellent etiquette to report (at least on this site) that 'someone sent me Val4' unless that someone was ME!

In case people forgot - Validator4 is NOT free. I updated it from Doc Sartin's old Val3 software which became compromised in 2006 due to a Trackmaster/Equibase change in the Speed Rating calculation. Although no one has asked for (or offered to pay for) it in some time, it IS available here: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6416 I do not take any money for myself: I send it ALL to Mary Sartin Jr to supplement the regular royalties I pay the Sartin Family related to RDSS and in respect of Doc Sartin's life's work.

Saying 'someone sent me Val4' is sort of like saying 'someone sent me RDSS to try out'. I KNOW people do it (not with RDSS), but folks could at least be courteous and do it behind my back, not in front of my face LOL!

Lefty, I'm pretty sure none of this occurred to you, and no worries - please don't take it personally. For some reason just now, it just irritates me the number of people who post or discuss their use of Val4 who I KNOW did not pay for it! If anyone out there thinks I might be talking about them and knows they actually DID pay for Val4 and I just forgot - my apologies in advance. Otherwise, if anyone actually gets valuable USE out of a freebie copy of Val4 - well, you know what to do.

FWIW - if someone subscribes to RDSS and requests Val4 (or Spec160) - I give it to them, no worries.

End of rant - back to my regularly scheduled friendly and helpful self

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-28-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote