Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2009
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2009 Lets meet at the Spa We had a great time last year! Lets make 2009 even better

Old 03-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Pace and Cap Day Plans Info

Pace and Cap Day will be on Sunday August 23 this year. We could not get any tables in the Festival Tent area for Saturday (Alabama Stakes day). We have 3 tables which nominally hold 6 people apiece, but in practice fewer is more comfortable. So first come first served.

I also reserved 1 table in the Festival Tent area on Friday August 21. In addition, PaceAdvantage members are meeting in the same tent through the week and may have seats for a $5 contribution, by chance and availability. Look for Al (OTM Al).

For myself and my Mom, I reserved seats on Saturday August 22 in the At the Rail Pavilion, clubhouse railside, just past the finish line. It costs $80 per seat. Here's the blurb about that from NYRA:

Name:  sar buffet.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  68.0 KB

If anyone cares to join us on Saturday, contact NYRA Group Sales directly and book your own seats as part of the Sartin Methodology Group (that way they can seat us all together). Here are contact details:

1 888 285-5961 ask for Nancy Hatzelman or NHatzelman@nyrainc.com
http://www.nyragroupsales.com/saratoga.asp
Saratoga Dining Agreement and options PDF form.

Bill V is working on getting a seminar together, perhaps Friday evening August 21, somewhere. Stay tuned!

Charlie Bedard plans to host a barbeque Saturday evening at his condo in Saratoga. Meet and greet, eat and drink, work Sunday's races! Charlie also has his usual seats at the 1/8th pole and if you treat him nice (buy him drinks?) he may let you sit with him from time to time

I think Bill may have some goodies planned, which he'll announce in due course.

It will be the first year at Saratoga without Doc (last year by phone) and the 2nd year without Jim 'The Hat'. We'll be able to reminisce about good times, good bets, meet the people behind the names here whom we love, learn from, argue with - and drink a toast to the founders of the feast.

Counting down!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-19-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:02 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Let It Ride

This picture really makes me proud
Lets all gather together Friends WINNING with Friends
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Wow, it looks like I never change my shirt (It's my warm weather shirt).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
Rverge
Grade 1

Ted, "at the rail buffet" is that an all day seating? do you know how many seats there are?
thanks
Rverge
Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rverge View Post
Ted, "at the rail buffet" is that an all day seating? do you know how many seats there are?
thanks
Rverge
Yep, all day. That's where you go for the day, eat, drink, wager, watch the races. Don't know the total capacity, but yesterday, they said they had more seats available for Saturday Aug 22. Give Nancy a call.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
Rverge
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Yep, all day. That's where you go for the day, eat, drink, wager, watch the races. Don't know the total capacity, but yesterday, they said they had more seats available for Saturday Aug 22. Give Nancy a call.

Ted
another question, how far is the harness track from SAR? slots are there and my wife may want to play at night.
thanks ted
Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Minutes.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...5,0.05579&z=15

R
DSS -
Old 03-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #8
Rverge
Grade 1