Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Saratoga Meetups > 2009
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2009 Lets meet at the Spa We had a great time last year! Lets make 2009 even better

Old 06-17-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

The Unicorn

She expressed gratitude for the work you and Richie and me are doing to officially carry on Howard’s work, and stated on behalf of her entire family their thanks that Doc’s work was properly being represented and not ‘expropriated and modified’ as she phrased it. She gives ‘official’ blessings (with a chuckle in her voice) to your request to use the unicorn logo for the masthead of Paceandcap and offered to look up depictions of it in old Follow Ups, but I said you had as good quality artwork as anything. You should consider that a go-ahead for finalizing the artwork, and let me know if you want me to look at any proofs.

Name:  basetoTed copy.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  20.2 KB

She shared with me that Howard loved that unicorn and atomic orbits logo idea, and that it represented on the one hand (by the unicorn), the dream, the vision quest, the loftier-than-this-world goals (the right brain side) that horse-player/handicappers have, and on the other hand (by the atomic orbits) the science and the rigour of the analysis and research component (the left-brain side). These two ideas were a foundation to his Methodology, and that logo truly represent Doc’s baby, the Sartin Methodology. Mary said she and her family are of the opinion that that Methodology is in good hands, and that means a lot to them.

Last edited by Bill V.; 06-17-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Morning Bill,
Pretty cool looking and I am glad the Sartin ladies are doing ok!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Name:  unicorn_legend.gif
Views: 716
Size:  50.7 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
barb craven
Grade 1

I think its apropos Bill.
"The unicorn is the only fabulous beast that does not seem to have been conceived out of human fears. In even the earliest references he is fierce yet good, selfless yet solitary, but always mysteriously beautiful. He could be captured only by unfair means, and his single horn was said to neutralize poison."[1]

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-19-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

Doc's unicorn

From follow up #23

Name:  Unicorns.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  18.3 KB