Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #31
lone speed
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
I have had a few requests from folks to include back some of the older readouts: Entropy, Longshot Potential, the EXDC/Thoromation readouts (Emuv, Smuv, uXr, Paragons). A LOT of them are, IMO, redundant to what we now have. None-the-less, I will undertake to display those somewhere in RDSS2.

Meanwhile, there is a quick and dirty way to see who best overcame the Pace of the Race, either in the last race or in a consistently chosen set of recent lines for all horses: compare the Total Energy for the Horse to the Total Energy for the Race, for races where the horse ran a good race (i.e. not one where it was sucked around the back half of the field against a fast pace). When the horse TE is higher than the race TE - it can only be so because the horse's velocities in a given fraction were higher than the pace setters creating those fractions (i.e. tiring less slowly than the front-runner(s) ), thus the sum of the horse's fractional velocities (i.e. Total Energy) will exceed the fractional velocities of the pace setters(s) - i.e. the horse was gaining on the pace (aka the horse was decelerating less than the pace was decelerating).

The Longshot Potential does show that - as one whole number, or ranking - but I have noticed that is fairly erratic as a standalone number, and as likely to disappoint as to thrill. It was the attempt to distill the entire Entropy/Deceleration work into a single readout. I think V/DC was (is) a much more mature expression of that question: 'who is decelerating the least compared to how fast they were traveling', which is why it evolved and the Longshot Potential languished.

But I will reinstate it somewhere. Meanwhile, an eyeball of who ran well against the fastest pace (last race, or recent good races) is pretty easy to do, and is indeed invaluable information to have in a race matchup

(Longshot Potential wasn't in Speculator, but was in Validator).

Ted
Ted...

Thanks for your response to my question regarding longshot potential....I have no problem with this ranking vanguishing if V/dc is a more mature expression.....But my question will then be:...will it rank the pace in question the same way but just with a slight different calculation....I do not need to know the method of calculations....I just would like to be aware of the #1 ranked Longshot Potential horse not by his pacelines but within the matchup of contenders that I am evaluating......

The programs after Thoromation up to Validator seem to move away from putting the horse that faced the fastest pace of race and gave more weight to the horse that was more proficient in L/ep rankings ( what was sustained fraction before). Ted, I do not have enough race samples to validate this statement.....this comment is only from races that I worked with my associate ( you know who.in fact, he gave up on all programs after energy)

I was interested in the longshot potential horse because in some programs after Thoromation....the second horse does not ranked well in the programs after Thoromation......they do get the winner, but the second horse ranked low in many readouts....( I know....as long as the winners are there) Some races, the only readouts that they do ranked well within the matchup of true contenders was in #1 or #2 longshot potential rankings.....yes...this ranking tend to disappoint more often than not....

Sample race: Santa Anita 12/30/2012 race #8 9furlongs on turf...Thoromation gets the right two finishers in the top two on the SP screen....but Tiz Flirtatious is nowhere to be found except on Longshot Potential because he faced the fastest pace of race....Qaraaba is ranked #1 and Tiz is ranked #2

my pacelines:
Halo---Line 3
Qaraaba---line 1---best TT...
Vivo Per Let---line 3
Tiz Flirtatious--line 1---owns first call....

If V/dc does the job...I am more than content to move on.....

Thanks in advance.....
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #32
cct2447
AlwNW1X

today at santa anita, 2-7-2013

after downloading santa anita I opened several
races and the following message came up:

Error Number 2
Error Text=Null object reference at line 110 in function.
Window/Menu/Object=n_race.
Script=n_race.
Script=of_init_visual.
Line in Script=110
cct2447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #33
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thank you. After you clear the Cache for that particular race and restart RDSS2, does the race then appear normal?

And - which race?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #34
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Follow up:

Quote:
cct2447:
I cleared the cache. No change.
The message comes up for all races on the SA card but not for
AQU or GP for yesterday. Thank you.
Ted:

If just that one card seems faulty for you, and all races on that card - despite clearing the Cache, and no other cards, and no cards at all for any other users (so far) - then I suspect that particular SA card was corrupted during download somehow.

To test this, simply Download and Convert it again. When you do this in the Data Centre, remember to remove the check-mark from 'Don't Duplicate' - forcing RDSS to re-download and re-convert that card.

R
DSS -
Old 03-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #35
Gator
Maiden

I know Ted posted a great intro video showing some of the features of this version back in late December. There was a note saying more videos to follow, but I have not come across any new ones. Am I missing them somewhere?

Thank you for your help.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #36
madison456
Maiden

my name is janie , how can download the rdss program for the 30 day free trial , i became a member today, thank you madison456
madison456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #37
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hello Janie,

Welcome to PaceandCap! To access RDSS, all you have to do is ask. Please read the RDSS Getting Started page, then send me an email with your full name and I will set you up. Notice the announcement on that page about new evaluations starting April 2; I should have the new version ready by them.

(FYI, when someone joins PaceandCap, I don't presume that they also want to try out RDSS: some do, some don't. That's why you have to simply ask separately for access, and identify yourself privately).

Wishing you all the best!

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-25-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #38
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS2 Update Week of April 8

Just a note to everyone: I wanted to have the next release of RDSS2 available today but I'm afraid it will not be so. I am polishing up a few final things and getting some of the documentation complete. I expect it to be available the beginning of next week (week beginning April 8).

A heads-up: I know several of you were waiting for tote mutuel results to be appearing in RDSS, and thus in Excel exports, but alas that will not happen for this next release. It was just too ornery and I did not want to further delay all the other stuff I do have ready. I will be working on that for the following release, I promise!

Ted

R
DSS -