Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-26-2020, 07:56 AM   #11
RichieP
Grade 1

Im on a rotating on/off schedule at work. Plenty of home projects going on:

completed - cleaning and repainting kitchen cabinets(look incredible), yard pruned, cleaned up and overseeded, steel shed getting ready for painting.

To do - scrape and stain our back deck, powerwash remove mold and stain our wood fence around the property, replace pool liner.

outside of that nothing doing!

Hope all is well with everyone
PS - big negative is NOT being able to see our grandkids as Karens doctor has flatly told her no contact with them of their family for at least 2 more weeks after this week.
Richie
Old 03-26-2020, 10:49 AM   #12
mick
Abiding Student

TDN Letter to the Editor: Brad Weisbord on the Coronavirus

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...brad-weisbord/
https://twitter.com/BradWeisbord

I don't know Brad Weisbord. He's a bloodstock agent. He's also a young and healthy man, according to his letter to the editor which is sobering. If you're young and think you're bullet-proof (that was me, 40-50 years ago), you need to read his letter. The virus didn't kill him but he said there were days when he wished he were dead.

I love you all but as I'm an old geezer, don't come see me. We can talk on the phone.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:03 AM   #13
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Hi everyone. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!
Tim, good to hear from you! Here, still health but chomping at the bit to get out of the house to at least get groceries and a walk, and stock up on beer

Hope you too are healthy and happy, still keeping up the good fight!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:10 PM   #14
barb craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...brad-weisbord/
https://twitter.com/BradWeisbord

I don't know Brad Weisbord. He's a bloodstock agent. He's also a young and healthy man, according to his letter to the editor which is sobering. If you're young and think you're bullet-proof (that was me, 40-50 years ago), you need to read his letter. The virus didn't kill him but he said there were days when he wished he were dead.

I love you all but as I'm an old geezer, don't come see me. We can talk on the phone.
Good info Mick. Thanks for posting it. Will pass the links on to my friends. Stay safe my friend.
Barb
Old 03-26-2020, 05:12 PM   #15
mick
Abiding Student

This morning I was in a long line at 7:45 at the grocery store that opened at 8 a.m. for seniors only.

A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.

He tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.

As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If y’all don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there."

It's a war out there. Y'all be careful.

Illustrated Glossary
Old 03-26-2020, 05:30 PM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:09 PM   #17
barb craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
This morning I was in a long line at 7:45 at the grocery store that opened at 8 a.m. for seniors only.

A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.

He tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.

As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If y’all don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there."

It's a war out there. Y'all be careful.
Not very often I laugh out loud when I'm alone!! Thanks for that Mick.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:48 AM   #18
mick
Abiding Student

The following chart came from John Hopkins this morning, March 30. It shows the trajectory of the cases and it's sobering. Less than 30 days ago, there were just a few reported cases in the U.S. and now there are over 100,000. The trajectories for Canada and the UK are also climbing. China and South Korea have almost leveled off but their governments have completely shut the countries down. When they ease off on their lockdown restrictions, will the number of cases start to climb again? No one can be sure. By "flattening the curve," so to speak, they've allowed their healthcare systems to muster resources though.

I'm not a scientist and I don't play one on TV, but when I look at this chart, my simple mind says, "It's going to get worse before it gets better." So, my Sartin friends, become a recluse, wash your hands often and venture out only when you absolutely have to. I'm glad there are a few tracks still running. I had no idea where Fonner Park was until a week ago.
Attached Images

Illustrated Glossary
Old 03-30-2020, 03:36 PM   #19
CheckMark
Conley

This COVID-19 scandal has gone too far and can only get worse if we do not self quarantine. I am a student who is graduating this year at high school and I myself would like to carry on and continue to work on something while us students are stuck at home. I am also missing out on having experience working in a fast paced environment at my local racetrack Grand River raceway in Elora. I am doing co-op there and have not been able to work their since my keraconous surgery and now sitting here at home due to COVID-19. I just pray that everyone here at Pace and Cap, Pace Advantage, RX Forum, my friends, my co-workers and especially my family that we can ALL GET THROUGH THIS! If we all do our part, we can get back to normal living and not in a world where there is people hoarding items, panicking and closures everywhere. As of right now there is still horse racing on and hoepfully that is still a go for the next few weeks for entertainment purposes lol and to practice my Handicapping so that I can get better as my (hopefully) career in the world of horse racing live on in me!
Old 03-30-2020, 07:01 PM   #20
Capcondo
Grade 1

Here's a good layout to find out what's going on in your corner of the world or the state where you live. I understand it was created by a kid. Very well done. Find the US and drill down if that's what you're after.

I'm reminded of the phrase, "You can pay me now or pay me later". Remember that in 1918, 50 to 100 million people died. Think about that the next time you venture out.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Don't look back. You're not going that way.
Capcondo is offline   Reply With Quote