Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 05-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Re TrackMaster Data Problems

A few folks have reported that the WO Wednesday May 20 card has bad numbers in it. The TrackMaster Speed Rating numbers (and the ITVs) show as 0 for many WO lines. The adjusted times are all incorrect.

I confirmed this tonight with TrackMaster and they are working to regenerate it. In the meanwhile, either defer downloading it until you hear it is corrected, or if you have downloaded it, you'll have to re-download it when it gets fixed. (In the Data Centre, don't forget to uncheck the "Don't Duplicate Tasks" box in order to re-download and re-convert).

I'll make a post here when TrackMaster tell me they've got the card fixed. If you have to redownload, contact TrackMaster to request a refund for the bad card (info@trackmaster.com)

Note: this also applies to the TMPP files used by Speculator and Validator (also TrackMaster's PDF and other data files, not just RDSS).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 05-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
MIKE
Grade 1

Ted

--todays card (5/19) at Finger Lakes also has bad numbers !!!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I've just done some checking and the 'bad data' (i.e. TrackMaster Speed Rating is 0) appears to be in PP lines between October 2008 and Jan 1, 2009 for all tracks (not just FL and WO) from today and forward

Jim at TrackMaster told me last night that Equibase has updated what they send to TrackMaster and despite months of testing, the rollout (yesterday) had this problem. (Someone in Quality Assurance has some 'splainin' to do...)

The TrackMaster SR is used to adjust running times in ALL Sartin download programs (Synthesis, Val, Spec, RDSS), so all lines between Oct 08 and Jan 1 will be seriously misadjusted - you can't use those lines. Makes many races unworkable.

Time to take a short break, ladies and gentlemen...

I believe they have been burning the midnight oil for sometime now to fix this and I'll post when I hear more.

Very sorry for this (major) inconvenience! If you have a non-unlimited account, just write TrackMaster to request a refund for any bad cards you have downloaded (or must re-download when they get it fixed): info@trackmaster.com (provide your name, TrackMaster account ID, dates/tracks of the bad cards).

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-19-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: added refund info
Old 05-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
BJennet
Grade 1

Missing data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
I've just done some checking and the 'bad data' (i.e. TrackMaster Speed Rating is 0) appears to be in PP lines between October 2008 and Jan 1, 2009 for all tracks (not just FL and WO) from today and forward

Jim at TrackMaster told me last night that Equibase has updated what they send to TrackMaster and despite months of testing, the rollout (yesterday) had this problem. (Someone in Quality Assurance has some 'splainin' to do...)

The TrackMaster SR is used to adjust running times in ALL Sartin download programs (Synthesis, Val, Spec, RDSS), so all lines between Oct 08 and Jan 1 will be seriously misadjusted - you can't use those lines. Makes many races unworkable.

Time to take a short break, ladies and gentlemen...

I believe they have been burning the midnight oil for sometime now to fix this and I'll post when I hear more.

Very sorry for this (major) inconvenience! If you have a non-unlimited account, just write TrackMaster to request a refund for any bad cards you have downloaded (or must re-download when they get it fixed): info@trackmaster.com (provide your name, TrackMaster account ID, dates/tracks of the bad cards).

Ted

Ted,

The customer service guy I just spoke to at Trackmaster told me the problem is not just bad data but missing data. And he said that this may include post-Jan. 2009 races.

Cheers,

B Jennet
Old 05-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK Thanks for that! I scanned about 8 cards for today and tomorrow and found no missing TrackMaster SR's past Jan 1, 2009 but they would, of course, know best.

The test of whether the lines will adjust properly is whether there is a non-0 TrackMaster SR value. I think Speculator tags these lines as unusable, which makes it a lot clearer than RDSS right now (though no less frustrating).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
Tanico
Grade 3

No Churchill Downs yet for Thursday,, is that because of the problems they are having.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Doug,

See my post in the other thread re this data problem:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...newpost&t=5688

I just finished checking CD for tomorrow and it seems to be there now, AND correct!

I'm going to close this thread and suggest folks check that other one so I don't have to cross-update info.

Ted

R
DSS -