Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 09-27-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
CheckMark
Conley

Santa Anita Opening Day

Since my school has a P.A day tomorrow (P.A day is also known as another day to handicap for me ) I have decided the run a race with RDSS for opening day at Santa Anita and on friday night or saturday morning I will have my full card selections for Deleware, Gulfstream, Belmont and Santa Anita. Good luck to all who are playing over the weekend and opening day at Santa Anita!!!

Opening Day 9/28/18 (note contenders are my numbers here and not my in order selections!)

R1: 2-9-10-9
R2: RDSS did this one for me 6-1-3-4
R3: 5-2-3-4
R4: 4-8-11-2
R5: 2-5-7-3
R6: 3-8-2, BB is #8
R7: 5-2
R8: 9-4
R9: 12-8-11 (tough race)

Hopefully this day is great!
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Conley. Once again welcome to the site. I see that you will be attempting to do 4 full cards tomorrow. Since you are new to the Methodology and the RDSS program I would like to suggest that for the time being you work only 1 track a day. Focus on your contender and paceline selections. Start keeping 20 race cycles. Note what tier level your winners come from. Learn the various screens and how to use them. Watch the Docs' 1998 one on one videos. See for yourself what he was teaching. Learn first hand from the Master. When you are convinced that your contender and paceline selection are good and your 20 race cycles are showing that you have achieved a satisfactory win and profit level then by all means move on to multi track betting. Wishing good skill as you embark on your journey with the Methodology.
Tim
Old 09-28-2018, 02:47 PM   #3
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Hi Conley. Once again welcome to the site. I see that you will be attempting to do 4 full cards tomorrow. Since you are new to the Methodology and the RDSS program I would like to suggest that for the time being you work only 1 track a day. Focus on your contender and paceline selections. Start keeping 20 race cycles. Note what tier level your winners come from. Learn the various screens and how to use them. Watch the Docs' 1998 one on one videos. See for yourself what he was teaching. Learn first hand from the Master. When you are convinced that your contender and paceline selection are good and your 20 race cycles are showing that you have achieved a satisfactory win and profit level then by all means move on to multi track betting. Wishing good skill as you embark on your journey with the Methodology.
Tim
What do you mean by tier level?
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #4
Lt1
Grade 1

Tier level is the positions that the horses appear on the BL/BL screen and the RX screen. Most folks refer to them as ranks, but, the Doc by his own admission stated the was in fact the one mistake he made originally called them ranks since ranks are linear while tiers are not. Check out the follow ups that deal with this matter. Either way you goal should be to get the majority of your winners in the top 3 tiers[ranks]. If you find that you are getting more winners in the 4th and 5th positions then a review of your contender and paceline selection is warranted. Take your time,remember you need to learn how to crawl before you can walk and you need to walk before you can run.
Tim
Old 09-28-2018, 03:34 PM   #5
navyvet1994
Grade 3

LT I agree, for now I'm going to work with the examples and learn where and how to find the winners. it'll take time and in between I'll be watching tutorials and reading a lot. I figure I should be ready to try single tracks on 13OCT2018 and as it looks better I'll try working a second track. Only thing I need to know is what tracks are considered "Bullrings" so I can avoid them.

Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character. - John Wooden
navyvet1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:42 PM   #6
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi NV. Charlestown [CT] in WV is one. If you stick to the bigger tracks such as New York, California, Fla, and tracks like Mth, Parx etc. you won't have to worry about bull rings. Good luck with your learning process.
Tim
Old 09-28-2018, 05:15 PM   #7
navyvet1994
Grade 3

Thanks LT (Military rank?) i'm starting to find a pattern PRX helped a lot of math but if one pays attention to FTL's teachings it cuts in 1/2 makes it a little better to what I see. Segment followed by BL/BL and then RX gives quite a bit of clues. anyway that's my starting thought.
navyvet1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:48 PM   #8
racetrackmike
Maiden

4th race santa anita

I handicapped the fourth race at Santa Anita today and came up with the #3 horse because it was number two Beyer, and number two actual final fraction which was 23.1 and the horse was what Jim Lehane called a SRE. It closed 4 lengths in the final fraction. I did not run it with RDSS because I am activating my account on the first. Does this horse come up as one or two using RDSS?
Thanks Michael
racetrackmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:43 PM   #9
Bill V.
The egg man

Quote:
Originally Posted by racetrackmike View Post
I handicapped the fourth race at Santa Anita today and came up with the #3 horse because it was number two Beyer, and number two actual final fraction which was 23.1 and the horse was what Jim Lehane called a SRE. It closed 4 lengths in the final fraction. I did not run it with RDSS because I am activating my account on the first. Does this horse come up as one or two using RDSS?
Thanks Michael
Hello Michael

Does this horse come up as one or two using RDSS?

To answer that you have to understand that RDSS only shows the values
of the pacelines entered and the horse marked as contenders

This is what I came up with, These are my pacelines
(FTL) guidelines influenced

The dose does not rate well off the line I picked

Name:  3 year old fillies.PNG
Views: 337
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  BLBL.PNG
Views: 352
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  TPR.PNG
Views: 356
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  RX+.PNG
Views: 353
Size:  57.3 KB

Last edited by Bill V.; 09-28-2018 at 08:54 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #10
Bill V.
The egg man

Auto

Here is race 4 done with RDSS set up with default settings
and auto pace line best of last 3 perceptor

BLBL and TPR and RX+ have the 3ranked poorly

Name:  Lines picked.PNG
Views: 323
Size:  70.0 KB

Name:  BLBL.PNG