Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 04-18-2019, 09:43 AM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Folks, I have made public the interim testing version of RDSS 2.1.049.11 which you can download from the usual RDSS Download page (via the RDSS Icon upper-right corner of the website). Or here: http://www.rdss2.com/download-software

This has been tested by a number of users over the past 3 days and found to repair the 'not responding' and sluggishness issues recently reported by many. It also fully reinstates tote data retrieval from TwinSpires which disappeared a month ago, along with Profit Line and BRIS Prime Power ratings.

This is not the final version I had intended to release today, but I ran into several issues while adding the final things I wanted and felt I could not delay any further. This version is good enough and better than what the majority of people are currently using.

I will advise everyone when the next update is available (very soon) and will update all the documentation in the RDSS 2.1 Documentation Thread.

One interim piece of advice on running this version (and future versions of RDSS) - per Mick's advice above, I highly recommend always running RDSS as an Administrator (this gains elevated permissions within Windows and may prevent various security complaints by the Windows security system).

To Run as Administrator, right-click on the RDSS Desktop Icon (or on the RDSS2.EXE application file in the RDSS2.1 Folder), choose Properties, then the Compatibility Tab, then in the Settings section, check the 'Run this program as an administrator' box. Click Apply, then OK.

Thanks to all the testers who volunteered to help me out getting this version ready for everyone!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

There are several Bugs from the previous version which are not yet addressed in this temporary update. I will document additions and things outstanding and immanently to be fixed in the next short while, in addition to yet another update.

Meanwhile, as usual, please report any Bugs or complaints in the RDSS 2.1 Bugs Thread, or Suggestions in the Suggestions Box.

Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #13
Ted Craven
Grade 1

It has come to my attention that if you have assembled races under a previous version of RDSS, they might not always display or sort correctly when you update versions and open a previously assembled race.

If readouts look off, on the Card Summary screen, right-click an individual race to re-assemble it. Or clear the Cache of all assembled races (use the Clear Cache button) then click the Assemble All Races button.

I have not seen this myself, but some have reported it. When in doubt, re-assemble.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-19-2019, 11:38 AM   #14
clore1030
Grade 1

I could use an update also. I checked my email, last RDSS- sourced message was in August.

Never mind, I think that I have it going now.

Last edited by clore1030; 04-19-2019 at 11:50 AM.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Charles, please just help yourself to the current update V2.1.049.11, here: http://www.rdss2.com/download-software

I will send an email when the NEXT update is available hopefully in a few days.

A reminder - if you have assembled any races in a previous version, please reassemble them when you install the update.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-19-2019, 12:58 PM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Everyone - please place comments, questions re possible Bugs/Problems about the new V2.1.049.11 in the Bugs thread here (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10575).

A reminder - I intend to update RDSS once again as soon as possible, after I can resolve a few more issues. This current update is just to get users back in business after the serious 'not responding' issue affecting the previous V2.1.048-a version. Then I will send an email to everyone.

Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -