Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 07-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Try again this Sunday another 20 race cycle .

Now this time I am not being rushed into this and may take a few days or a week to complete it, but I will play the tracks I would normally play or look at.

So this Sunday I will llook at
AP
BEL
HOL
MON
ELP
EMD

Maybe FL also, not sure yet.

This time PL selections what it should be and is it not said that 90 some percent of the winners come from having raced in the last 60-90 days, yet when I wager occasionally I get beat , it seems often from a horse with a long layoff, and who is bet down also, if not ML Fav.

Well with my new criteria it should limit play tremendously, we'll see.

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
dlivery
Grade 1

Talking Have you considered +0 + with in a (0)

Hi + 0 results are a good starting and contender starting point

I have had good results using this with rdss and have had good results selecting contenders.

lawrence
Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlivery View Post
Hi + 0 results are a good starting and contender starting point

I have had good results using this with rdss and have had good results selecting contenders.

lawrence

Sir

Thank you for your reply, but I anm sorry that I do not understand it completely, other than you use RDSS to pick contender's.

I do not get the Hi + 0 results are a good starting point, please forgive my lack of knowledge here.

Patrick
Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Let me try my new printer scanner and see if I can attach the scan here, hope so

It seems to have worked and now you get to read my famous handwritten note, come on at least it is readable, no?

Patrick
Attached Images
File Type: pdf scan0001.pdf (500.7 KB, 855 views)

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 07-18-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
dlivery
Grade 1

Form Cycle Detection

Hi

Patrick

Just a quick reply Using the PLUS (+) ZERO (0) Plus WITHIN A ZERO

Plus (+) This Designates a good race when the horse WON, PLACED OR SHOWED within 2 3/4 lenghts of the winner

Zero (0) Designates a bad race where the horse was never in contention

PLUS (+) WITHIN A ZERO (O) Designates the horse made substantial move with in the race or gained lenghts at the 2nd fraction or third fraction or gained in the stretch.

This helps me determined at a quick glance of the horses past performance.

Lawrence

dlivery
Old 07-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlivery View Post
Hi

Patrick

Just a quick reply Using the PLUS (+) ZERO (0) Plus WITHIN A ZERO

Plus (+) This Designates a good race when the horse WON, PLACED OR SHOWED within 2 3/4 lenghts of the winner

Zero (0) Designates a bad race where the horse was never in contention

PLUS (+) WITHIN A ZERO (O) Designates the horse made substantial move with in the race or gained lenghts at the 2nd fraction or third fraction or gained in the stretch.

This helps me determined at a quick glance of the horses past performance.

Lawrence

dlivery

Thank you for this quick reply, as this would help me as sometimes the TE does not show that the horse was 6th 10 length's behind, and dropping, or for that matter was closing from last to 4th, so having this would help in choosing from the BL/BL lines what horse was improving over what horse was dropping out, especially if same class as today, nice spot info, and I believe I did see this in A Dick Mitchell DVD, but may have been on info overload, but yes thanks bigtime .

Patrick
Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
barb craven
Grade 1

I think your scan is upside down Patrick.
Is that all the notes you take on each race? Don't you put down your 5 top bl picks and how you got them. How do you know why you won or lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Let me try my new printer scanner and see if I can attach the scan here, hope so

It seems to have worked and now you get to read my famous handwritten note, come on at least it is readable, no?

Patrick
Old 07-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
barb craven
Grade 1

You said earlier that you might not use Thursdays picks in your 20 race cycle, but start with Friday. If you are going to honest with yourself, you have to use every race you do, win or lose. Otherwise there really is no point in doing them. You won't get a true picture of how you are faring.
It's tedious, but brutally honest.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
lsosa54
Grade 1

A Barb states, Patrick, it is scanned in upside down, but one can change the view to right side up. I would submit to you that if you want to be professional and treat this like a business, you use a spreadsheet to keep your records. It makes it easier to tally results as well. I know you're aware of free programs like Open Office or Google Docs.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #10
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Now this time I am not being rushed into this and may take a few days or a week to complete it, but I will play the tracks I would normally play or look at.

So this Sunday I will llook at
AP
BEL
HOL
MON
ELP
EMD

Maybe FL also, not sure yet.

This time PL selections what it should be and is it not said that 90 some percent of the winners come from having raced in the last 60-90 days, yet when I wager occasionally I get beat , it seems often from a horse with a long layoff, and who is bet down also, if not ML Fav.

Well with my new criteria it should limit play tremendously, we'll see.

patrick
I would suggest you cut it down to two circuits, Patrick, esp. in the beginning. I would also suggest you learn what is winning in those 2 circuits by distance and surface. The bl/bl does not consider what is winning at the moment at a particular track to my knowledge. Also, Ted may have modeling capabilities already incorporated so the record keeping is no work.
It will tighten up your betting choices.

I attached something that is 24 years old from the Factor Analysis manual put together in early 1984. As simple as it is, it still holds today. Focus on the concept, not the actual factors. Back in the day, Tom Bro was still using a handheld pc, as the first desktop had recently come out. He tracked 4 factors - Seg 1 (F1), EP (Early), SP (Late), and AP or Factor W (Average).

If you knew that 80% + of the winners at a specific distance & surface were coming from the top 3 in a couple of factors, wouldn't it help in composing your bets?

Trust me, it still holds true today. You just have to track what is winning in RDSS.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Modeling_Factor Analysis_1984.pdf (509.8 KB, 961 views)
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote