Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 11-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Exclamation ** Reaching Out to Patrick 'Truckdriver'

Friends,

Many of you will recall a long-time, if recently absent, member PK Truckdriver (Patrick K). It has come to my attention, via a Thread at PaceAdvantage and by several private messages, that he was stricken with a serious health issue on a trucking run, far from home, is undergoing treatment in Tucson, AZ and upon discharge (immanently), requires assistance getting back home to Daytona Beach, FL where he can recover.

Another friend, Dave Schwartz, has stepped up and set up a point of Donation via his website.

More details are available on the PA thread here: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=118571

And Dave's donation point is here: http://store.thehorsehandicappingaut...kane-donation/ Or also his PayPal account: NevBeth@Gmail.com (100% of funds to this emergency).

I never do this here, but it felt right. It is 'real' and NOT a 'scam'.

Those of you who may know Patrick (a BIG guy), will appreciate why, for some strange reason, the movie 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' with Steve Martin and John Candy (one of the all time best) comes to mind, at Thanksgiving ...

Thanks for reading, and take care everyone.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-26-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
LAP_520
Grade 2

11/26/2014

First thing... Thank You Ted for setting this message up here on your website.

Members,

This is not a scam,,, it is real,, and yes it brings back Planes, Trains, and Automobile movie with John Candy.

Well John Candy in this event is Patrick Kane aka pktruckdriver. and it is real time.

///

His career is a semi tractor driver over the road delivering goods to store warehouses so the public can go to the store and buy the product off the shelf.

His life long dream was to own his own Semi. That happened in late October 2014... He was able to save enough money to make a down payment on a Used Semi tractor ( truck).....beautiful looking rig... then make weekly payments for a year with option to purchase after one year.

Then ... right from day one ..less then 1000 miles away from the Sales garage the truck seal started leaking fluid. .... Local garage repaired it but PK had to pay the first $500 out of his pocket per the contract.

Then, days later, the truck just quit.... needed to be towed to a City to get a major part that is need on Semi's replaced.... days of "down time" = money lost.

After that incident, he was rolling along Westward,, because I had messaged him about the Snow storm in Buffalo NY and the Road condition there.

Then this ----- 11/21/2014 HELP ME PLEASE, I AM IN PAIN AND SHIVERING

That message is frightening in itself. He was able to get to and Emergency Room in Tucson Az. @ University of Arizona Hospital - South Campus. Formerly Kino Community Hospital.

http://www.uahealth.com/locations/south-campus

Doctors there told him if he had tried to get home to Dayton Beach area in Florida,, that he most likely would not of made it because of the deteriorating condition he was in. Do to HIPPA LAWS I cannot tell you what his actual health problem is ( I do not know anyway).. BUT IT IS SERIOUS.

As of today 11/26/2014, Patrick has most likely lost his Semi due to non weekly payment,,, lost his money that he put down on it and the deductible amount he had to pay for repairs.. ( the first $ 500 each time ).

They want to do surgery .. but have decided to fight it with antibiotics and sedation.

He has no insurance.

However, He is Very Thankful that the Doctors and Nurses have saved his Life.

This Patrick Kane Donation was set up by Dave Schwartz to try and collect money that will be sent to Patrick so he has a way to get home once released from his hospital stay.

Updates will be posted on the thread at PaceAdvantage.com in the Forum "General racing discusion" Hospitalized far from Home.

Please keep Patrick in your Prayers

I have never done this before on a forum or social media... but I strongly feel this is the Right thing to do for a fellow horse player and internet friend ..especially one that has a "Heart of Gold"

Thank You very much for viewing this and helping in any small way your heart feels like helping......

God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving 2014.

LAP_520
Larry Powell

Last edited by LAP_520; 11-26-2014 at 02:32 PM.
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
Dave Schwartz
Grade 1

Ted,

Thank you for posting the story.

PK is in a bad way; now has surgery scheduled for Thanksgiving Day. But, thanks to the amazing the generosity of horse players, he will not have to worry about getting home.

Many of you have chosen to be a part of that and it is greatly appreciated.

May you all enjoy a very happy Thanksgiving Day.

Kind Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PS: And a big "thank you" to Larry Powell for alerting us to the situation to begin with.

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 11-26-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
LAP_520
Grade 2

11/28/2014 Update from Patrick -

he typed :

"made it through surgery back on morphine sorry typing is bad still groggy, not going soon, and ,may need a rehab center"

////////

A Big Thank You to all that have contributed to Patrick's cause in any way.

Larry Powell (LAP_520)
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #5
Dave Schwartz
Grade 1

Money Update: We just sent PK all of the funds we have received thus far: $3,095.

This is one time when all the players could share in a win.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thank you Dave, for stepping up when a fellow human being needed help, in this case someone we have had an affinity with, a relationship and thus a sense of compassion for. Some situations you just can't tell when you feel like reaching out, but this one with Patrick seemed like one. Larry P, you are a good friend to Patrick, and someone I'd want to have watching MY back. Thank you as well.

As the fates go, I guess the next step is Patrick's - whether he can regain his health, come through surgery, recuperate, then find his livelihood and path again. Now he knows that some people care about him, and wish him well. Hopefully that will be a wind at his back.

It's what I would wish for, and what would give me strength for healing were I to find myself in a similar situation. We all need to know that we are cared for.

Good luck Patrick, and thank you to all who care - and NOT just in this situation, but whenever caring is required. What goes around ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote