Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-08-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Exclamation Supertote - Renovations

Woke up today to find Brisnet has revamped its site and Supertote is now located at a different web link than the one RDSS currently uses

FYI, that link is: http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/supertote/tracks.cgi (or navigate the new home page at brisnet.com, look for the MORE item on the menu, then look for 'Free Supertote'. This gets you in by browser, but it's no good for RDSS.

So - no Supertote within RDSS until I update the tote module and issue an update, hopefully this week.

I will NOT be updating the older RDSS 2.0, only RDSS 2.1. If you are not using RDSS 2.1 and would like to, just let me know.

It's always something ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

FWIW, I've been working for a while on several updates to the tote system, including getting alternate (and redundant) feeds from XpressBet and TwinSpires. Those other ADWs won't be available in the next update when I fix SuperTote, but just FYI.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-08-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
mick
Abiding Student

Where have I heard that before? :-)
Attached Images

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:09 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Angry Supertote DISCONTINUED !?

UPDATE - now the new Supertote link I posted above does not work at all. Just refers to a TwinSpries mobile site.

I called Brisnet Customer Support. They said the decision had been made (apparently between 11:30 am ET and now) to discontinue Supertote. Period. Permanently.

I expressed how disruptive this decision is, not only to me but to a hundred others of my 'acquaintance'. They escalated to a supervisor my concern about immediately reinstating Supertote, from whom I await a call back.

It could be time for some mass action. Perhaps if EVERYONE using Supertote, inside or outside RDSS, called Brisnet Customer Service the combined impact would convince them to change their minds. Call 1 800 354-9206. It would help if you had your Brisnet login ID handy, or your email.

I'll keep folks posted ...

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-08-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:44 PM   #5
HarryS
AlwNW1X

stats race lens

Have an account with trackmasters stats race lens program and their live odds feed has been streaming all day. Live in Nevada so location must not be an issue.
HarryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks HarryS for the info about TrackMaster Stat Race lens. I tested this product and am not sure if it is a good replacement for SuperTote (maybe for someone who subscribes to it).

Still working things out ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #7
mick
Abiding Student

Ted,

As you suggested, I called BRIS and complained about Supertote. A contrite young CSR said that yes, the "old" Supertote was gone but the "new" Supertote screen has the same information. Hopefully, there's a way to incorporate the new one into RDSS.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Ted,

As you suggested, I called BRIS and complained about Supertote. A contrite young CSR said that yes, the "old" Supertote was gone but the "new" Supertote screen has the same information. Hopefully, there's a way to incorporate the new one into RDSS.
Haha ... the new Supertote does have the same information, only in a different format. RDSS is 'smart', but not as smart as our brains!

After some digging, it looks like I can connect RDSS to the NEW Supertote. I only have to rewrite about half the tote related code Since Brisnet is owned by TwinSpires (CDI), looks like a lot of code for both Supertote and TwinSpires is similar. So - I'm trying to flesh out redundant tote streams coming from both/either of those sources.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I'll take back my suggestion that everyone gang up and pester Brisnet about the old Supertote. I'm convinced they're NOT going to resurrect it. Even if they DO temporarily, they will certainly eventually kill it off finally, because they're clearly going with the new mobile format.

it's not even called SuperTote anymore, simply (unnamed) TwinSpires Mobile (m.twinspires.com)

No need to call them. We'll get there.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

SuperTote Resurrected

Progress report ...

I AM making good progress getting tote data back into RDSS 2.1!

Brisnet has killed off the old Supertote and replaced it with a Mobile version of TwinSpires race day and program info, tote data and results. (Betting still requires a login to the main TwinSpires site.)

The good news - the new 'Supertote' (Mobile TwinSpires) is BETTER than the old one, just like they said (only the Customer Support Staff probably doesn't know how or why it is better - and Brisnet gave NO notice about its replacement )!

Better for a mobile user (i.e. on an iPhone or tablet device), but NOT better for a desktop user, IMO. However, the way data is delivered is much better than before if you know how to deconstruct it. PLUS, tote info remains available for each race after the race has finished, and throughout the entire day. Thus, if you come to a card mid-way through and wish you had tote info (e.g. for your models), or if RDSS crashes and dumps your previous race tote info - you can get it all back now: it's still there on Brisnet's servers through the entire day.

Plus a number of other things:

- no Brisnet account or login required
- ProfitLine available
- mutuel results available (they always were on the old Supertote)
- listing of ALL tracks running today, cancelled tracks (!), current race and MTP, betting closed status, race Off (running) status - just like most ADWs

The above items mean that a TwinSpires account is no longer required for ProfitLine or instant Results. Canadians, International players and residents of US States where TwinSpires is inaccessible no longer need an account.

It will take me maybe another week to get back to where we were before, but I'm adding a bunch of other stuff and will give a video demo when the next release of RDSS 2.1 is ready. (I will not be updating the older RDSS 2.0 - everyone is welcomed to update to RDSS 2.1).

Cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-13-2018 at 12:12 PM.