Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 03-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS Subscription / Forum Re-organization

Hello Everyone,

Forum Re-organization

As you will notice, I have re-organized the RDSS Forums a bit to create a new Information Forum where newcomers can go to learn about how to get involved in using RDSS. The new RDSS Information Forum is here: http://www.paceandcap.com/rdssinfo. I have relocated the ‘sticky’ posts in the main RDSS Forum to this new info forum. Please read the post How to Obtain RDSS – even if you already are already using RDSS, as it updates the overall RDSS pricing information.

RDSS Software Subscription

I have also decided to go ahead now with the RDSS Annual Subscription fee which I had previously chosen to defer until a point when I thought the software was more mature (e.g. the mythical Version 1.0). That version, including all the ideas and tools I want to use myself – and share with anyone interested – will come when it comes, and bit by bit, as in the past. Meanwhile, RDSS has become my major activity (along with wagering, and a little bit of straggling contract programming for past clients), and I feel I am not doing anyone who is interested in using the RDSS tools any favours if I do not succeed as a business and make enough money at it to stay enthused and capable of supporting and enhancing it by being financially self-supporting. I thank those of you who have made RDSS Pay-What-It’s-Worth payments in the past, those of you who have purchased Speculator from me, and everyone who finds the RDSS tools useful in their analysis and wagering and who buys RDSS data from TrackMaster, even if only from time to time.

The RDSS Expiry Date now reflects the Subscription you have. Please check your current Expiry Date in the RDSS Registration window. When you sign up for the first time, you get 30 days free evaluation, including the new demo database (all races, all tracks, one full week, recently), here: http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5331. If you maintain an Unlimited TrackMaster data plan, your Expiry Date will read 2099/12/31 and no software subscription payment is required. If you’ve had an Unlimited plan for 6 of the last 12 months, even if you change to other than Unlimited, the Expiry Date will stay at 2099/12/31 and no software subscription payment is required. Otherwise, after the initial 30 day trial, the software subscription fee is $100 per year which will extend your Expiry Date for 12 months. A month before your Subscription expires, I will write to you inviting you to renew it. You are also welcomed to pay for as many future years subscription as you choose. And as some of you have enquired – I am making arrangements that if I go belly up, or get bored, or get hit by a bus, that someone reliable will take over at least keeping the Expiry Date renewing. (More on this later).

Here is how I have decided to apply any payments made to me for RDSS and Speculator over the past few years: if you have paid $100 or more since the beginning of 2007, your Expiry Date is 2010/02/28. If you paid less than that, the Expiry Date is pro-rated from the beginning of March 2009 (e.g. $50 equals Expiry of 2009/08/31). In a few cases, if you recently paid full price for Speculator, your Expiry Date is 2011/02/28. Please check your RDSS Expiry Date in the RDSS Registration window, by clicking on Submit, or after the next time you download a card in the Data Centre.

If you haven’t made a payment so far for RDSS or for Speculator, or you don’t have an Unlimited TrackMaster data plan, then your Expiry Date will read 2009/03/31 – the end of this month. If you are finding RDSS valuable to you in your handicapping and wagering and would like to continue using it, please go to the RDSS Payment Page (http://www.paceandcap.com/rdsspayment) in the new RDSS Information Forum and make a payment. This will extend your Expiry Date by 12 months (or by however many years to choose to pay).

Note: There will only ever be 2 versions of RDSS (i.e. 2 sets of capabilities): the base version which you get with the Past Performance Only TrackMaster data plan, and the version which also includes Result Charts (and which will automate modeling, record keeping, the toteboard connection) if you have the PP+Results data plan. The software subscription is the same for either ($100/year), and it will always include all updates whenever they come, support, educational materials, occasional online seminars and whatever else I can think of. There will never be a super/mega/platinum succession of versions for additional come-on prices. Life is too short for such complexities (for me).

It is entirely likely that I have screwed up someone’s Expiry Date, or that you may disagree with how I have applied a credit I promised you for Speculator, or for a contest prize you won. If that’s the case, please just write me and I promise to figure it out with you.

To be frank – I need the income from these RDSS subscriptions and from TrackMaster to justify the time I am spending making this a public project. Of course this need of mine should only be of interest to you if RDSS plays a valuable role in your enjoyment and pursuit of profits from horse racing. If it does, I see us in a kind of partnership – one involving your feedback on using and enhancing the software, possibly your positive word-of-mouth, and your financial support. On my part, it involves answering your technical support questions, teaching and encouraging others to teach the Methodology, developing best practises for using the software, and continuing to add features to the software and demonstrate that it is absolutely possible to make an ongoing profit from horse race wagering using RDSS and the principles of the Sartin Methodology.

Thanks again for reading this; please take a moment to browse through the new RDSS Information Forum, and let me know if you have any questions or comments about any of the foregoing.

Best wishes!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 03-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™