Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 02-02-2020, 11:18 AM   #1
OhNoItsDoug
AlwNW2X

7 months with RDSS

I purchased RDSS at the end of June, and have been using it with success. I am newish to the Sartin Methodology. In the past I have used software loosely based on the Methodology, but gave little to no information about it. I stopped using the software after the creators passing.

Being a casual horseplayer, I bounced back and forth between BRIS and DRF, playing the big Saturday cards for several years. I stumbled on to Pace & Cap, after a google search on the Sartin Methodology. This was the answer to what I was looking for!

I started reading the Follow Up, and was immediately hooked. I signed up on P & C, and purchased RDSS.

At first, I had decently been picking contender, and pace lines. My issue was wagering on the wrong horses in my contenders. I was in the 30% or so winners. So, I kept reading the Follow Ups, and teaching section of P & C. The last handful of weeks I have been improving.

I have learned so much from everybody here. I hope to never stop learning. Thank you, all. This has been such a great experience. THANK YOU!!

-Doug
OhNoItsDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 12:25 PM   #2
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Doug. You are on the right track. RDSS is without a doubt the best program we have had during my 30 yrs with the Methodology. Hopefully you are keeping a record to see where your winners are tiered at. The goal is to get the winner in your top 3. If you find your winners are coming from the 4th and 5th tier then a review of your contender and paceline selection is called for. Also don't fall into the trap of blindly betting the programs top 2 choices. Know what factors are winning at the tracks you play. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't get down on yourself. It took me nearly 8 yrs using the Methodology before I became a consistent winner. Keep practicing you will get there. Wishing you good skill.
Tim
Old 02-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

Good Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoItsDoug View Post
I purchased RDSS at the end of June, and have been using it with success. I am newish to the Sartin Methodology. In the past I have used software loosely based on the Methodology, but gave little to no information about it. I stopped using the software after the creators passing.

Being a casual horseplayer, I bounced back and forth between BRIS and DRF, playing the big Saturday cards for several years. I stumbled on to Pace & Cap, after a google search on the Sartin Methodology. This was the answer to what I was looking for!

I started reading the Follow Up, and was immediately hooked. I signed up on P & C, and purchased RDSS.

At first, I had decently been picking contender, and pace lines. My issue was wagering on the wrong horses in my contenders. I was in the 30% or so winners. So, I kept reading the Follow Ups, and teaching section of P & C. The last handful of weeks I have been improving.

I have learned so much from everybody here. I hope to never stop learning. Thank you, all. This has been such a great experience. THANK YOU!!

-Doug
Helo Doug

Keep plugging You have the winner's attitude. Betting is the key if you have the top 3 in rdss using all your tools you will do good
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 12:41 PM   #4
OhNoItsDoug
AlwNW2X

Thank you Tim! I have done a few different paceline selections, and where I have been since December is the best of the last 3 preceptor. I make adjustments for off tracks. Also, if I feel a different line is better, I'll add both (sometimes I'm right, sometimes the program is).

I just started keeping records with excel. For a while I was doing manual records, but I think excel will offer more (and a lot easier).

I have been a fan of the two-horse win wager for years. I made a spreadsheet for two-horse win, equalizing the payouts.

-Doug
Old 02-02-2020, 12:42 PM   #5
OhNoItsDoug
AlwNW2X

Thanks Bill!
Old 02-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #6
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Doug. I also use best of the last3 perceptor and find it's the best for picking pl. 2 horse betting was the Docs' latest guideline which I also use. Good that you are keeping records. This will let you see what tier you winners are coming from which in turn will let you know if your contender selection is good. As for contender selection I use the top 5 profit line and top 5 bris prime power ranked horses. This gets the winner in the mix 90% of the time. Nothing gets the winner 100 % of the time. Looks like you are well on your way to success.
Tim
Old 02-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

Hello Doug,

I recommend the best of the last 3 at a comparable distance and surface. Get the contenders in your top 5 a high percentage of the time. After that track different factors within the program to find what readouts those winners rate high in (top 3 or 4) and that will help to separate those top horses.

The DRF is too expensive to use and has limited info as does RDSS. RDSS PP's were designed by Sartin to work for his program. I recommend using Bris PP's to supplement the RDSS program as their full of much better information and will enhance your game. You pretty much can get them for free.

Note: see my Beginner thread.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote