Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
Mitch44
Grade 1

Ky Derby summary.

Never had a good feeling in this because of too many contenders. While Justify won he didn't overwhelm this field winning by 2.5 lengths nor did he justify his SR & TPR, which to me seemed too good to be true. Even RDSS didn't like that last line. It comes down to different variants and while you know they seem incorrect the amount to adjust just can't be accurately done. Hofburg was sided twice for a rough trip but still finished 7th.

I went light on the race playing 4 horses to win for $4 each and thought the EX. & Tri were a crapshoot. My 14 was taken out at the start and was done after that. Not because of my horse but I said prior the field should be limited to 14 as in the BC races.

I'm sure the track condition affected some but we'll never know, regardless the best horse won.

Audible ran a nice race coming from off the pace while taking a lot of slop and had to steady making his run, he was getting to Good Magic but ran out of ground / distance. Good Magic finally proved himself as a 3 yr.old and ran a big race. Overall just another race, onward and a better future to all.

raceman5 had the winner and Ted had the EX. BIG CONGRATS MEN.

If you haven't already done so I strongly suggest you determine your effectiveness with 3 yr. olds verses older or their predictability.

Glad it was a safe trip for both the jocks and horses. It also was a good race for the sport and with the favorite winning there were many happy fans especially those knew to racing.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 05-06-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote