Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 10-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #1
Lt1
Grade 1

Missing Running Lines

Over the last 2 days I have noted that at Kee the Trackmaster pps failed to include the last running line for 4 horses All 4 horses had last run at KD in Sept at 1m5/16 Yesterday 3 horses were entered in the 6th race, They were the 1 and both halves of the 2 entry. The 1 last ran on 9-6 and won a msw race. The 2 ran 9-12 and fin 6th while the 2b last ran 9-6 finishing 7th, Today in Kee 7th #4 last raced on 9-8 and finished 3rd by 1/2 length while Trackmaster pps show its'last race as July 20 at ELP finishing 3rd by 2. Has anybody else been noticing this.
Tim
Old 10-25-2018, 11:17 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Tim, yes I notice it. To be clear, you mean RDSS PPs (data sourced from TrackMaster) do not show these 1 5/16 mile (10.5 furlongs) Turf lines from Kentucky Downs, while the TrackMaster PPs (and probably other vendor PPs) do show the missing lines.

The reason is because RDSS does not know about 10.5f Turf races! It never encountered them before, no other track besides KD runs them, or anyway this has not been brought to my attention before.

RDSS equalizes all pacelines to today's surface and distance and uses entries in the Partimes Table (Config Tab, Edit Partimes button) to project different distances and surfaces to today. There is no entry for Surface = T (Turf) and Distance = 10.5 so RDSS does not know how to convert those lines and instead - incorrectly - skips them

I'll see if there's an easy way to work around this and report back here ASAP. Or, let you know if there's nothing to be done until the next update.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #3
Lt1
Grade 1

Thank you Ted.
Tim
Old 10-25-2018, 11:43 AM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I checked and there's no way for users to ADD a new distance and surface to the Partimes Table - only EDIT existing entries.

I just added a new entry for Turf 10.5f, which will be available with the next update. Then these 10.5 Turf races from Kentucky Downs will show up properly. That's the best I can do right now, sorry.

Further, I'm changing the code so that for ANY odd-ball distances which have no projection entry in the Partimes Table (e.g. distances beyond 12f on Turf, Poly or Dirt) - at least the RAW running info will show up on the original screen - you just won't be able to USE that line for velocity and other calculations (and, those long distances are not well suited for sectional, pace-type analysis anyway).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #5
Lt1
Grade 1

I agree that 10.5f races are not usually something I would like to use but knowing that a horse has run more recently then shown is more important. As long as I can see it has a running line not shown I can find it and make a more informed decision. Thanks for the quick response and fix.
Tim
Old 10-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Over the last 2 days I have noted that at Kee the Trackmaster pps failed to include the last running line for 4 horses All 4 horses had last run at KD in Sept at 1m5/16 Yesterday 3 horses were entered in the 6th race, They were the 1 and both halves of the 2 entry. The 1 last ran on 9-6 and won a msw race. The 2 ran 9-12 and fin 6th while the 2b last ran 9-6 finishing 7th,

Today in Kee 7th #4 last raced on 9-8 and finished 3rd by 1/2 length while Trackmaster pps show its'last race as July 20 at ELP finishing 3rd by 2. Has anybody else been noticing this.
Tim
Here's what it looks like now in my software development environment:

Name:  KEE1025R7#4.png
Views: 246
Size:  468.1 KB

Coming ASAP to a screen near you ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-25-2018, 02:31 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RE KEE 10/25 today Race 7 - note that the #4 was in a Tandem with the #2 in that last KD 10.5f Turf race on Sept 8. According to the PPs and the adjustments, it looks like it could be a contender today.

Name:  KEE1025R7#2.png
Views: 239
Size:  276.8 KB

R
DSS -
Old 10-25-2018, 04:42 PM   #8
Lt1
Grade 1

Nice fix Ted. Came 7-2-3-4. That will make the FTL followers happy since they would have dismissed those horses as being off more then 90 days on the original screen.
Tim
Old 10-26-2018, 03:56 AM   #9
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Nice fix Ted. Came 7-2-3-4. That will make the FTL followers happy since they would have dismissed those horses as being off more then 90 days on the original screen.
Tim
I’m not involved in this thread, so I really don’t know why you decided to get me involved.
Perhaps you were just trolling.
At any rate, it’s nice to know I am not far from your thoughts.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I took his comment as confirming a guideline you have espoused that horses off > 90 days win only a small percentage of races. Due to the error discussed, those 2 horses in question would incorrectly have appeared to be laid off 97 or 133 days and thus low probability to win, when they both should probably have been considered legitimate Win contenders on recency guidelines, having actually raced 47 days ago.

People feel free to cite their use of guidelines attributed to you, or other guidelines attributed to others (e.g. Sartin, Bradshaw, Brohamer) without intending to involve them, merely reference them.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-26-2018 at 11:06 AM.