Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Old 06-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
Houndog
Grade 1

Aodds Gold 5.5

Was finally able to get Aodds 5.5 gold (dos version) installed on my Windows 98 machine. Also installed the Auto-Modeler, but am not sure what chart or result file from Bris should be downloaded. At the time the instructions were for downloading from a BBS type of system (DOS), this was before the internet. I tried different chart files and result files, but when running the converter the AOR file created has 0 bytes.

Perhaps the file format has changed since then. Anyhow got the rest to work, and it even seems to work in a DOS window. It is as Gary has said another good tool for matching up horses. I need to find the instructions that came with the auto-modeler module to see if I am trying to download the correct file. It has has the ability to manually enter the results also.

It also has some unique readouts that according to the Aodds Gold Manual are suppossed to be powerful when used correctly. (Megachex and Superchex). Really a well written program. Kudo's to Jim and Randy on this one.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

"Dog"

try the flash results " zip format" from bris NOT the "text 80"

you'll see it here
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/trk_report.cgi?frz

lemme know if it works
Rich
Old 06-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
Houndog
Grade 1

Thanks Richie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
"Dog"

try the flash results " zip format" from bris NOT the "text 80"

you'll see it here
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/trk_report.cgi?frz

lemme know if it works
Rich
Richie, I'll try that as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:30 PM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndog
Richie, I'll try that as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for the quick response.
ok ok. Listen if it doesn't work take a screen shot of the folder contents of this 5.5 and post it. Then we will go from there.

Rich
Old 06-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Houndog,Isnt the manual in the program already?Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #6
Houndog
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless
Houndog,Isnt the manual in the program already?Jeff

Jeff, it does have a help file but the printed material that came with the auto-modeler went into more detail. I know I have it around somewhere I just have to find it. I am going to do as Richie suggested and try a different file type.

I think the converter program that came with the modeler is looking for a fc or cht file extension. I tried renaming different result files I downloaded using these extensions. It sees them than when I mark them the conversion does nothing and gives me a 0 byte file. I am doing something wrong, and I will take Richie's suggestion and try the file he suggested to use. If that doesn't work I will show him a screenshot of the directory. Honestly Jeff, it has been so long since I used the modeling feature in this program I don't remember which result file I used from Bris. The only thing I can tell you for sure I downloaded thru BRIS using a communications program with the Z-Modem protocol. Since the internet things have gotten alot easier.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #7
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Houndog:

On BRIS use the Flash Results in the zipped format. Import the result into Aodds. Use the File Maintenance screen to unzip. Then use the Add to database screen to add DRF and REsults to database.

Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #8
Houndog
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxlawyer
Houndog:

On BRIS use the Flash Results in the zipped format. Import the result into Aodds. Use the File Maintenance screen to unzip. Then use the Add to database screen to add DRF and REsults to database.

Gary

Gary, that helps alot. I was not only using the wrong file, but I was using the wrong procedure to do this.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:01 AM   #9
Houndog
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxlawyer
Houndog:

Gary
Gary, I tried doing what you suggested. I do not have a file maintenance screen that came with my version of AODDS Gold. (5.5 Dos Version). No problem their since I can un-zip manually. I still had to rename the file CDX0622.FC for example just as it says in the help screen. After doing this I ran RESULTS.EXE which converts this file to a AOR file that Aodds can use.

I have to think the file structure has changed since this conversion program was written. Anyhow Aodds Gold is still usable, the only thing that is messed up is the DSLR (days since last race) which no longer calculates correctly.
This probably has more to do with the Hat file I get from Bris. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:28 AM   #10
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Houndog:

Sorry! I did not see the 5.5 as the version. I was refering to Aodds Gold 98.

Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote