Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 05-09-2022, 10:49 PM   #1
mattshan
Grade 3

Record Keeping

Hi All,

I am wondering what kind of record keeping and record keeping tools that members of the group use. I am certainly weak in EXCEL skills and I am wondering if there is a template or a spreadsheet link that someone would be willing to share?

I did see a thread that I believe indicated that Ted had run a Beta test on such a tool awhile back but I was unable to find anything beyond that. Thank you in advance for any help or perspective that anyone is willing and able to share.

I am hoping to begin more accurately measuring my wagering performance in different distances, surfaces, by track etc.

Thank you,
Blake
mattshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:46 AM   #2
57viking
Grade 1

Here is the template that I use. It uses the Query function to do the analysis . The query in the analysis sheet is in cell A27 and you just need to modify it however you want .

The input is done in the all data sheet . Input the data in the fields in this sheet except for Column B.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Betting Journal Template.xlsx (1.85 MB, 228 views)
57viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:32 PM   #3
mattshan
Grade 3

Thank you Viking. I appreciate your sharing. I will digest this and may come back to you with questions.

Much appreciated.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:46 AM   #4
mattshan
Grade 3

Viking,

Just a note to say many thanks again for sending along your record keeping spreadsheet. With a whole lot of help from my son (he got his mother’s intelligence) and your template I now have a personalized and very functional way to track my bets. Thank you again for sharing.
Kindly,
Blake
Old 05-19-2022, 03:20 PM   #5
Tim Y
turf historian

total frustration and long term lost $$$$ meets the person who does NOT keep good records of BOTH evaluation of contenders AND wagering
Old 05-19-2022, 04:21 PM   #6
Tim Y
turf historian

I often go back , way back, to notebooks from 2014-16 and find, NOW after reviewing, I saved too many factors. The reviews pinpoint those less predictive. Also TURF records are not as predictive when TRIPS constantly spoil their worth.

Uncommonly, one has to keep separate records for any outlier tracks you may play as well.
Old 05-19-2022, 08:59 PM   #7
mattshan
Grade 3

Thank you for your thoughts Tim. Will you please elaborate on your thought that “I saver too many factors”.
Thank you!
Old 05-20-2022, 10:18 AM   #8
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattshan View Post
Thank you for your thoughts Tim. Will you please elaborate on your thought that “I saver too many factors”.
Thank you!
That is a typo....SAVE too many factors
Old 05-20-2022, 08:44 PM   #9
mattshan
Grade 3

Thanks Tim