Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 11-21-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
ronnie1
Maiden

Question Spec160

Hello,

I am very new to the SARTIN handicapping method, and I wanted to ask if anyone is showing a profit with this program or is very good with the use of this program. I really need help ANYONE!

Ronnie1
ronnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:19 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Ronnie,

Firstly, welcome to Pace and Cap, though I notice that that welcome is about 2 1/2 years late (joining in June 2005 - a veteran), so welcome to the first post!

As we discussed in our phone call, I think you'll find a number of folks here who either currently use Spec160 daily, or did until they migrated to the testing version of RDSS, so I hope they can respond whether they are winning with it. If you haven't used previous Sartin software such as Validator or Synthesis or PaceLauncher, it may be a bit daunting until you grasp the process and become familiar with the readouts. A good basic starting place is to read Pace Makes the Race (any edition) and keep it handy for reference, then slowly and carefully read through Follow Ups starting with Issue 70 (contact Admin for access to the Pace and Cap Library - a small donation always helps).

Check posts and screen shots in the Speculator Forum and try to follow along on your own, or download current race cards and follow with others who post Spec or RDSS screen shots and see how you would make paceline selections and interpret readouts.

Get a screenshot program like ScreenHunter Free (google it) so you can post examples and questions - don't be shy to ask a lot of questions! Like I said, it's not the software which makes one a winner (doesn't matter whether it's Speculator, RDSS, The Master Handicapper, Synergism6, whatever) - it's the willingness of you the user to learn the tools, use any failure or any success as an opportunity for learning, keep records about what you're doing, observe your emotions carefully, ask for help but most of all - stick with it and don't give up until you've learned all about it, don't jump from program to program. (When RDSS comes out, you can certainly switch to it if you like).

All of the foregoing, of course, after you've satisfied yourself that others have been able to win consistently using the software.

Best wishes, good luck and good skill to you!

Don't forget to send me your email address so I can send you the Spec160 software (ted@ArtofPace.com).

Ted

(Bill, maybe you could move this thread to the Speculator Forum).

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-21-2007 at 03:23 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
it's the willingness of you the user to learn the tools, use any failure or any success as an opportunity for learning, keep records about what you're doing, observe your emotions carefully, ask for help but most of all - stick with it and don't give up until you've learned all about it, don't jump from program to program. (When RDSS comes out, you can certainly switch to it if you like).
Hello Ted,

In the course of a conversation with Ronnie, I felt and recommended that he contact you. It was in my opinion that he would be best suited for the RDSS. Hopefully, I helped in someway to resolve his quandry.

Although, I am not very active as of late, I appreciated the opportunity to test your software (RDSS). I believe it's an excellent piece of work in progress. I told Ronnie that your software will have file conversion capabilities in the near future which would give him the option to use programs such as Thoromation and Synergism.
I wish you and Ronnie the best success.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote