Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 01:38 PM   #91
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Pook, it looks and acts normal today for me.

Name:  PL.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  250.7 KB

If you see the 'red dots' on a Card Summary screen it means a ProfitLine file of data was downloaded for this track today. Look for it in the Folder (for example): C:\Rdss2.1\Data\ProfitLine\2018\20180314\ TAM today would be file: 20180314-TAM.htm

If that file is there (because the 'red dots' are there) - it means somehow you downloaded ProfitLine for that track today. So far, nothing happens without the user manually requesting PL figs and logging in to TwinSpires, and certainly not in the old versions.

Any other ideas?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 03-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #92
The Pook
Grade 1

Those files are in the folder but contain 0kb. Like I said normally when I hit the Profitline button in the summary screen I am prompted to login to Twin spires. When I do that I go back to the summary screen and hit the button again. There is a small wait while the red dots appear. Then when I assemble a race the PL horses are shown along with all scratches.

Today when I hit the Profit Line button there is no login screen and the red dots indicating PL etc. immediately light up. But the are no PL listings and no scratches.

That is why I was wondering whether this new connection method that you have been writing about has kicked in leaving the old one useless.

Pook
Old 03-14-2018, 02:03 PM   #93
Ted Craven
Grade 1

The 'new connection method' relates only to TrackMaster, not to TwinSpires.

Can you login to TS via the button on the RDSS Desktop? Are the UID and PWD for TwinSpires stored and presented in RDSS on the 'Please Login' RDSS page still correct? Can you login to TS outside of RDSS in your browser with the same UID/PWD?

It seems somehow you are not able to login to TS. RDSS is incorrectly thinking you have, and downloads en empty file.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #94
The Pook
Grade 1

Says it can’t find the server. I download from Trackmaster okay. Outside of the RDSS browser I get in to TS fine. But from within RDSS no dice.

Pook
Old 03-14-2018, 02:24 PM   #95
fastcharlie55
AlwNW2X

Online now working fine
Old 03-14-2018, 03:05 PM   #96
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Says it can’t find the server. I download from Trackmaster okay. Outside of the RDSS browser I get in to TS fine. But from within RDSS no dice.

Pook
Remind me - you're using Windows XP within Mac OS? Any chance that Windows version got updated in the last while since things were working OK for you? I can think of one setting (in the Windows Registry) which RDSS watches out for to permit its internet access from being blocked by some websites requiring secure access - TwinSpires has been among those.

We'd have to troll among settings in your Registry since RDSS seems unable to do that job itself - to see what a particular setting is and then reset it. If you want to, let's do that by email then a phone call, just let me know.

But those and other old oddities are why I am upgrading the internet access components in the next update - which should do away with issues like that (if indeed what I have described is what is causing the problem). For TrackMaster access, but also for all other authenticated and non-authenticated web sites access (perhaps including TwinSpires).

Let me know.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-14-2018, 03:13 PM   #97
The Pook
Grade 1

Ted

I don’t know of any updates or changes since yesterday when everything was fine. Parallels sometimes updates on its own but has been no notification recently. Weird. PM me with things I can look for in the registry.

Pook
Old 03-14-2018, 11:13 PM   #98
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Try loading from the Entries screen. Longshots sometimes win.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:17 PM   #99
Ted Craven
Grade 1

This issue is resolved by the update: RDSS 2.1.048 and subsequent. Please report any RDSS 2.1 Bugs to the Bugs List, here: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10575

Closing this thread.

Ted

R
DSS -
Closed Thread