Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 09-14-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Sprint to Route winners

These types do not happen very often so finding these races is problematical.

In 2017 I have downloaded almost all races on the SoCal circuit, including LRC, all of the NY circuit races from Aq, Bel and Sar and most of the races from PRx, GP and WO.

Please send me the location,dates, race # where any races FROM THESE TRACKS were won by horses where the most representative line was a sprint for a route race. It would also save time to tell me who won the race. Does not matter if its dirt, turf or poly.

In a limited study I have found that on the Rx3 screen, winners of such races are very low rated in VDC and CSR, but tend to be very highly rated in PL and CR+ and may not be in the top 5 Rx3.

So any inputs you could pass on would be great and of course I will post the results once I can corral enuf data.

Thanks,

bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:14 PM   #2
sureshotlink
Grade 1

Hello Bill Lyster,

Here is one I bet and won

Date: Sept 2, 2017

Track: Del Mar

Race:2

Horse# 7 yesterdays news

Off odds: 9-1

Sprint to route

thank you,

Paul link
Los Angeles, CA
sureshotlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshotlink View Post
Hello Bill Lyster,

Here is one I bet and won

Date: Sept 2, 2017

Track: Del Mar

Race:2

Horse# 7 yesterdays news

Off odds: 9-1

Sprint to route

thank you,

Paul link
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Paul, I have got it logged in.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:42 AM   #4
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Morning all,

Just a thought. Might the Match-Up be the best predictor in terms of spot play situations that would cover this?
Sorry, I can't quote any examples, but I'm sure we've all seen enough races where an E sprinter enters a route and runs the legs of them to the 1C and nobody has the energy to mow it down.
I do recall seeing this at FL which is outside your downloads. It could be that form cycle has something to do with the situation I've mentioned. Not sure, but I have sat there holding losing tickets wondering what happened.
I guess therein lies the advantage of doing regression analysis.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:17 AM   #5
raceman5
Grade 1

Sprint to Route

Dave,

Go into the Hat check area there is a method there for his sprint to route spot play the Hat used. It is called Sprint to Route. I love this play. You do not get many of these but when they pop up I take the elastic band off the bankroll.

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #6
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
Dave,

Go into the Hat check area there is a method there for his sprint to route spot play the Hat used. It is called Sprint to Route. I love this play. You do not get many of these but when they pop up I take the elastic band off the bankroll.

Bob

Yes, this is a very nice spot play. What I am trying to do here is expand the angle using information that was not available (most probably??) when The Hat formulated his spot play.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man

Class

Hi Bill L.

Of the 36 Del Mar feature races of the day, there were only one sprinter who won a route race.
Well actually none won. The race on Day 30 when Munny spunt
finished second but was up as the winner in a disqualification is the only time betting a sprinter in a route won, kind of.

Name:  Day 30 ADQ.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  211.5 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:13 PM   #8
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Thanks Bill V.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #9
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Sorry for the delay in responding.
Bob, thanks for the shout on the sprint to route match up thread, I'll check it out.
Bill L, I now you are a matcher and certainly wasn't trying to suggest it was something you might have overlooked! Although I've been through the Hat Check section from top to bottom, I'll have to admit to having forgotten about the spr to route spot play.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Just trying to add to the play list, thats all