Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
thepace
AlwNW1X

Arrow new member TEST

Test 11 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144
thepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepace View Post
233, 377... ... 61.8 ...

Welcome to Pace and Cap, thepace!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:05 AM   #3
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Okay, Ted, why the Fibonnacci sequence? Strangely, I was thinking last week of how they might be applied to daily handicapping.

Pretty strange, but I wouldn't know where to start.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
point618
AlwNW1X

Now you are talking my language! Hi everyone ,new member here,great web site and been soaking this up like a sponge. Fibonnacci,working on it but cant nail it down.Works so well in traded markets,1.618 expansions and .618 retracements.Thought about a horses form cycle but it does not work very well.Here is a thought i had for a long time ,the birthday of each horse would be important,as every life is running thru a square in time.Never could get horses birthdays to test this ,but might be worthwhile.How does one get this information it is not listed in the pp is it?Faraday said eveything in the universe is measurable down to 1/8 of 1/8 of somthing.Ah the ruler the 8 furlongs in a mile etc.Fibonnacci ratios of .382,.618 are close to the divisions of 8 and work perfect in space.Here on earth because of gravity 37.5 and 62.50 are more accurate and exact divisions of 8.Da Vinci's man inside the circle portrays this very thing.If this door could be unlocked and translated to horse racing the safe would be open !
point618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:18 AM   #5
Jonathan Steele
Grade 1

Welcome to the group. I don't know how you'd get the exact birth date of a horse
but if you look closely to the right of its color decription and age in the past perform-
ances, you'll see a month in parethesis, its birth month.

Odds are you know this already and are inquiring about how to get the exact date of birth. I would recommend that you contact these folks:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/

I'm sure they can help.

Regards,

Jon
Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by point618 View Post
Now you are talking my language! Hi everyone ,new member here,great web site and been soaking this up like a sponge. Fibonnacci,working on it but cant nail it down.Works so well in traded markets,1.618 expansions and .618 retracements.
Welcome point618. One of my favourite numbers (concepts)!

Lovely description of the Golden Mean (Golden Ratio), related to architecture: http://harmonyandhome.blogspot.com/2...rn-design.html

You can't help but see the CN tower any time you're anywhere in Toronto:

Name:  cntower.gif
Views: 460
Size:  36.4 KB

Guess what ratio the height of the observation deck is to the total?

The other night, I was checking out my local galaxy and noticed that I could plot my location, related to the galactic core, as a sequence of Golden Sections each in ratio to the prior of about .618.

Name:  galaxy.gif
Views: 440
Size:  54.6 KB

Not sure about equine form cycles, but in the Yellow Manual, Doc did exhort folks to attempt to achieve about a 60% hit rate using 2 horses. Perhaps he had in mind about a 61.8% hit rate

All this 'nonsense' from the original poster's test post...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
JimG
Grade 1

With the exception of Johnathon's post, reading this thread reminds me of the Twilight zone.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
point618
AlwNW1X

Ted the matter in that galaxy has its first tail at the ratio .382 and the second at .618. Now if it goes 1/8 past it breaks free of the gravity center. These numbers do work in traded markets ,they project how far in price and time a move will run.As for horses ,i still cant figure this out.I thought about the birthday idea all day and i dont think this will work.I cant go into why because i type with one finger , so i will try to keep it short. Here is how i tried to apply this in the past but not to any great extent.From a low in performance say a speed figure to a high.Count the number of days and multiply by .382 .5 .618 1.00 1.618 2.00 2.618 etc.These time projections should mark days when said horse should fire or do terrible.They mark turning pionts in time for a change in trend ,but it could be a high or low.Now if anyone has the time to test this there could be something here.Right now i have to learn Doc's method as it seems to work from my reading here.
point618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepace View Post
My dad taught me that sequence many years ago. He used it for blackjack (prior to card counting).

I still use if for craps (taking full backline odds as well) on the passline. When I get up to five units I'm really hoping to make it or break it on the rollout. That backline bet can get scary! A couple of times I've gone all the way to 13 units, but only when someone is red hot on the table.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #10
thepace
AlwNW1X

WHAT HAVE i started ?

SO HTR doing some charts i see

Fibonacci numbers are usually used

in financial markets on the Y axis(price) retraces and extensions

like 1.27 and 1.68.. (think horse form cycles)

I use it on the time (x axis) as well

think form cycles and days between races/works

just food for thought. ..out of the box works for me ...
thepace is offline   Reply With Quote